Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Found one of the blue cockerel around 2 months old. You can also see the same barring on the black cockerel's feathers, as they matured it just slowly faded as the lacing came in. Most of the pullets was gone by now, but you can see a little left over her left shoulder in this photo.

blrw_chick_colors2.jpg

I'm so curious to see what my chicks are going to look like when they're grown. They don't seem to look like any of the ones posted in here. My chicks seem so much lighter and bluer than your splash chick Malndobe and then there is a couple with very red mahogany feathers coming in. I bought my eggs off ebay from somebody with very nice pictures so I hope mine turn out looking something similar.
Here you can see one of chicks and their lacing coming in. I wish I took pictures of my SLW in my avatar to compare how they feather in.

Last edited:
I'm so curious to see what my chicks are going to look like when they're grown. They don't seem to look like any of the ones posted in here. My chicks seem so much lighter and bluer than your splash chick Malndobe and then there is a couple with very red mahogany feathers coming in. I bought my eggs off ebay from somebody with very nice pictures so I hope mine turn out looking something similar. Here you can see one of chicks and their lacing coming in. I wish I took pictures of my SLW in my avatar to compare how they feather in.
I know exactly how you feel. I find it intriguing ? The chicks in this pic have the same parentage , yet look at the difference at 9 weeks.

So cute! Here's a bad picture of my little guys at around 1-2 days old and their cat slave. They were completely gray/blue when hatched.

Back
Top Bottom