Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Quote:
tongue2.gif
patience will pay off .....

Did y'all have fun today??????.... I think I read 80 posts on here today LOL.

Well back at the Double D Ranch.....

I built 2 quick pens today going to move all my new Blue and Black BLRW pullets in with roos maybe Wednesday, both roos are blue. I hope I can actually HATCH some babies in some VOLUME this year
fl.gif
I have some nice girls to work with too. Super excited to see what I get from these new girls.

Anybody that wants to chime in on this please..... When I use a black pullet with blue is that OK? will the lacing get too wide? I am pretty sure I should NOT put them with my Black roo right? I don't think that would help anything since they both have wide lacing. I was growing them out for my splash roo but he died on me for no good reason.
hit.gif
I am going to grow out some new roos this summer if I get some chicks.
th.gif
I have a black male in with two blue females for the first few months of the breeding season ..than I am going to try my splash male.
I hate it when those young males just drop dead..did you do an autopsy? Usually young males die of heart failure. All that testosterone making them a bit hyper and the heart pumping hard.
idunno.gif

Did y'all have fun today??????.... I think I read 80 posts on here today LOL.

Well back at the Double D Ranch.....

I built 2 quick pens today going to move all my new Blue and Black BLRW pullets in with roos maybe Wednesday, both roos are blue. I hope I can actually HATCH some babies in some VOLUME this year
fl.gif
I have some nice girls to work with too. Super excited to see what I get from these new girls.

Anybody that wants to chime in on this please..... When I use a black pullet with blue is that OK? will the lacing get too wide? I am pretty sure I should NOT put them with my Black roo right? I don't think that would help anything since they both have wide lacing. I was growing them out for my splash roo but he died on me for no good reason.
hit.gif
I am going to grow out some new roos this summer if I get some chicks.
th.gif

Donna are your birds LF or Bantam ??? If your BLRW's are as Beautiful as your Blue Barred Rocks....................................................................................................................
yay! Normal people are here!!!! I need some eggs! No pressure!
1f601.png
....................................................... I'll be waiting in line behind carriebain for eggs from you too. Black roo over blue & black hens sounds like just what I'm looking for !
droolin.gif
Again..no pressure !

ok here's a pic of my splash laced girl when she was moulting, that shows clearly what I mean about splashes of color... pointed out by the arrows... a blue feather (even a light blue) will be uniform in shade (some darker blues have a much darker outline but that's a normal part of the dark blues). a splash will have OCCASIONAL feathers with darker streaks (any shade of blue or black).
Wonderfully helpful! Thank you for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom