Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Has anyone here had a slw/blrw cross?
I know doing it a certain way (maybe BLRW over SLW hens) creates sex-links. Doing it with SLW over BLRW hens *can* give you F1 for violet laced (blue laced silver) but you'll have a lot of red shoulder/neck leakage in the resulting pullets, and I *think* the recommendation for that was to use splash laced hens under the SLW roo. I know DMRippy has done this cross, maybe she'll weigh in.

I don't think the pattern itself would change, since that gene is the same across all of the laced wyandottes, it's just the colors that would change.

Quote:
IF both parents have good lacing, and your goal is blue laced silvers, then yes, a splash laced red with a silver laced will work. a silver laced roo over splash laced red hens would be best, you'll get silver hens (possibly red leakage) with blue lacing, then just go back to the silver laced with the best type to improve color and type, and just keep a blue in the mix.

Quote:
You are right. I am working on the cross. I had a blue laced silver that someone else crossed. She was first generation and didn't show much red leaking..... found her dead for no reason a few weeks ago. I am still working on the cross but my SLW roo is NOT doing his job. As soon as I am done building I will swap him for another SLW roo.

After that first cross, cross them back to SLW till you get the colors set well. Then they should breed like any other BBS cross.

Back
Top Bottom