Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Hay all
smile.png

I have decided to start breeding one breed of chicken, instead of all these random ( still lovely ) breeds. Anyway Wyandottes are up there in my decisions and BLRW's being a favorite.
I have had a little search through this thread but haven't found my answers.
What sort of personality's do these birds hold? How is their laying production?
Also can anyone show me pictures of BLRW compared to Red Laced Blue Wyandottes?
AND...what are all the colouring/ lacing's you can get in Wyandottes? ( please no abbreviations, I don't know them all.lol. )

Hay all
smile.png

I have decided to start breeding one breed of chicken, instead of all these random ( still lovely ) breeds. Anyway Wyandottes are up there in my decisions and BLRW's being a favorite.
AND...what are all the colouring/ lacing's you can get in Wyandottes? ( please no abbreviations, I don't know them all.lol. )

there is no such thing as a red laced blue Wyandotte... so no, you won't find pics.

the personalities are great, friendly, calm non-aggressive roos, my hen (only 1 right now) is a decent layer, giving me an egg 2 days on 1 off... 4-5 a week right now.

the blue laced red can come in black or splash laced as well (deep red center with black blue or splash outline).
gold laced - black lacing on a light golden center
silver laced is black lacing on a white center.

Hay all:) .

'Hay' all? Lol

This is my first year with them, they are laying for me in this bitter bitter cold, the Marans, Orpingtons, OEs, And EEs have stopped, but the Wyandotte's are still laying. I've read about them being bossy with the other chooks but have not found this to be true. I have one that is a 'shoulder bird', and I know we're not supposed to have favorites....but she is.

My first BLRW of the year are in the incubator. I also put a few Silver Laced. They are all fertile!! I am pretty happy about that. These will be my first chicks with crossing into two lines. I am pretty excited about it. I will be setting a dozen more in a few weeks.

I have my incubator full of Wyandottes..

They are laying up a storm and fertile..I am so excited and waiting for them to start hatching!!
wee.gif

If anyone needs eggs..drop me a line..

Back
Top Bottom