Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Anyone have an idea on gender? 8wks old

I have a question about color/lacing. I look at a lot of the rooster pictures of not just BLRW but also SLW, GLW, etc and many of the roosters don't seem to have a lot of lacing. On the chest but elsewhere it seems to be lacking. I have a splash rooster and a blue rooster that are like this.

Then I have this black rooster. And yes, I realize he has the wrong type of comb. What I'm curious about though is the amount of lacing, he has it everywhere. In the hackles, saddle feathers, his chest, etc. Is this because he's black vs blue or splash?

Which is actually the more desirable/correct pattern? Is this an age thing? He's about 6 months old in 2 of the photos and 8 or 9 months in the standing shot. Will he loose some of this with age?

I have a question about color/lacing. I look at a lot of the rooster pictures of not just BLRW but also SLW, GLW, etc and many of the roosters don't seem to have a lot of lacing. On the chest but elsewhere it seems to be lacking. I have a splash rooster and a blue rooster that are like this.

Then I have this black rooster. And yes, I realize he has the wrong type of comb. What I'm curious about though is the amount of lacing, he has it everywhere. In the hackles, saddle feathers, his chest, etc. Is this because he's black vs blue or splash?

Which is actually the more desirable/correct pattern? Is this an age thing? He's about 6 months old in 2 of the photos and 8 or 9 months in the standing shot. Will he loose some of this with age?

no..the lacing should be in all of them..nice lacing BTW

I have a question about color/lacing. I look at a lot of the rooster pictures of not just BLRW but also SLW, GLW, etc and many of the roosters don't seem to have a lot of lacing. On the chest but elsewhere it seems to be lacking. I have a splash rooster and a blue rooster that are like this. Then I have this black rooster. And yes, I realize he has the wrong type of comb. What I'm curious about though is the amount of lacing, he has it everywhere. In the hackles, saddle feathers, his chest, etc. Is this because he's black vs blue or splash? Which is actually the more desirable/correct pattern? Is this an age thing? He's about 6 months old in 2 of the photos and 8 or 9 months in the standing shot. Will he loose some of this with age?
Isn't that just the way it works out! Gorgeous bird, and then there I s this one major flaw :'(

Back
Top Bottom