Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

I'd Love one of Foleys roos but I can't quite afford the price right now.
sad.png
half that maybe but I'll have to wait for a roo of that quality.
I have only 8 week old roos. If you wanted one of them I would have to see about the shipping. My roos are a couple pages earlier on this forum. Was trying to make sure about their sex and color! Sorry about your rooster :(

snapped some photos of my BLRW today, thought I would share
big_smile.png

blue, 2 splash, black laced in the back, blue rooster, and a blue hen from other lines

some of the girls :) they are 8 months old

I am liking this rooster, didn't get any photos of the other rooster, but I think this guy might be my breeder? he has dark hackle & saddle

Napoleon, same guy as above

splash lady

blue pullet

snapped some photos of my BLRW today, thought I would share :D blue, 2 splash, black laced in the back, blue rooster, and a blue hen from other lines some of the girls :) they are 8 months old I am liking this rooster, didn't get any photos of the other rooster, but I think this guy might be my breeder? he has dark hackle & saddle Napoleon, same guy as above splash lady blue pullet
Gorgeous birds!!! Will you have chicks next spring?

So my little chick that I picked up for my broody will be four weeks tomorrow. The general consensus was that he would be splash, but I think he is actually feathering in light blue? This isn't the greatest pic, he is a nervous little guy, but looks more blue to me.

I keep saying he, b/c I'm pretty sure it's a little cockeral. I'm not 100%, but the comb already looks a little pink, and he usually has an upright stance. We'll give him a few weeks to be sure, maybe he/she will surprise me!

snapped some photos of my BLRW today, thought I would share :D blue, 2 splash, black laced in the back, blue rooster, and a blue hen from other lines some of the girls :) they are 8 months old I am liking this rooster, didn't get any photos of the other rooster, but I think this guy might be my breeder? he has dark hackle & saddle Napoleon, same guy as above splash lady blue pullet
I like them very much.I think your roo is great choice. Now your blue hen I am in love with.

Gorgeous birds!!! Will you have chicks next spring?
I am going to pair the blue pullet seen here with Napoleon, so only 1 hen will be laying my breeder chicks for next year starting around February... I plan to hatch as many as I can (100?) through spring and summer 2015 to build up even more breeding stock for next year. I am not sure yet if I will be selling any, possibly the splash and black culls... once I get more blue hens in the breeding pen it should be more feasible for me to sell.. I am just not really there yet, sorry!

my BLRW are from chickenhill, and she is taking 2015 chick orders right now: http://chickenhillpoultry.com she DOES sell out, so get them reserved while you can :)

I like them very much.I think your roo is great choice. Now your blue hen I am in love with.
thank you so much! I love her too, I feel so lucky that I happened to get such a beautiful blue female.. the other blues were culls due to defects, so she is my only breeder for next year
fl.gif
I can't wait to start popping chicks from those two

So my little chick that I picked up for my broody will be four weeks tomorrow. The general consensus was that he would be splash, but I think he is actually feathering in light blue? This isn't the greatest pic, he is a nervous little guy, but looks more blue to me.

I keep saying he, b/c I'm pretty sure it's a little cockeral. I'm not 100%, but the comb already looks a little pink, and he usually has an upright stance. We'll give him a few weeks to be sure, maybe he/she will surprise me!
even though it looks kinda light gray right now, I think it will probably grow up into splash.. not sure if male or female :)

Thanks Farmer Viola!!! I'll get in touch with chicken hill and see if I can't get on her list. She has gorgeous brahmas too so I might see if I can get some of them while I'm at it too.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom