Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Thanks! They have much better coloring than my starter flock. These two are only 3.5 months old so they have quite a bit of growing and filling out to do. I'm hoping their type will be as good as their color. I'm going to keep my other pullets and probably one cockerel for now. It remains to be seen whether or not they will have anything positive to contribute.
After getting a better look on my computer, the cock doesnt' seem to have as much brass as my phone showed so not sure which one showed better colors. I don't think they are a bad group to work with at all. You can only do what you can with what you have I say. Good luck with them, either way they are still pretty.

Thank you Sclark! I really appreciate having another opinion. He doesn't look too brassy (to me anyway) in person. Time will tell though.. Especially once those hackles really start filling in. I had my pick of quite a few cockerels and I think I definitely got one of the best available. They sure are better than my others either way.

4 month olds

8 month old roosters.

So my BLRW are picking back up laying AND my SPLASH finally figured out what he was getting paid for LOL. The eggs are fertile from him YEAH! He is splash x blacks too so LOTS of blue babies!

I don't have any BLRW, but I want some girls of that coloring, and I have a few questions.
I heard that BLRW are a cross between GLW and SLW, is that true? Who's over whom to get the actual red colored feathers with the blue lacing on the hens?
If anyone has any they want to get rid of, then I'd be happy to have them.

I don't have any BLRW, but I want some girls of that coloring, and I have a few questions.
I heard that BLRW are a cross between GLW and SLW, is that true?  Who's over whom to get the actual red colored feathers with the blue lacing on the hens?
If anyone has any they want to get rid of, then I'd be happy to have them.

Yes, the BLR are a new color... And because of that, many of them have a more golden base color, like what you find on a GL than the lovely more red color the BLR is supposed to have.

Yes, the BLR are a new color... And because of that, many of them have a more golden base color, like what you find on a GL than the lovely more red color the BLR is supposed to have.

I see. Thank you. I guess that, as more of them are bred, the color will breed true more and more.
Is it a cross between GLW and SLW?

Back
Top Bottom