Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

I have 1 blue hen and 1 black rooster of this breed. They are so beautiful and friendly! They are named Snuggles and Pip.

I have a 1 year old BLR Wyandotte. While she may not be the most people-social, she is a very good broody. Well, at least from what I know. She has been our only broody. Here she is! this is Chickula (named by, at the time, 9 year old boy)

So can anyone tell me what a blue laces red crossed with a lavender Wyandotte would produce? I'm assuming it's a blue base to lavender so I'm wondering if I'll just get black and blue chicks with no lacing? Just curious :)

Chickula! Love it. :)

We should be getting our chicks in 1-2 weeks. I'm soooooo excited! We have been looking for these for such a long time, but couldn't find any local breeders that we were comfortable with. So we're getting them shipped from Maryland.
big_smile.png

Pics soon!!
celebrate.gif

It has only been 11 weeks since we got our chicks. Miss Chickula has decided she wants more, and is now being a stubborn broody again. Really?
he.gif
We just went through with this. Now we are going to try to break her. No more chicks!
@gachooks Good luck! Can't wait to see those pictures.

So this is my guy that I was assured when I bought him as a chick that he was blue, blue laced red wyandotte and people on this board agreed but now I am getting nervous. All his sister's and brothers I bought are splash and he is looking more and more splash. I have bought 22 over the last 2 years and all have been splash from2 different sellers.
Please tell me hes a blue!
Im having trouble posting pics so hopefully this works.
thanks

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom