Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Definitely a roo, sorry.

That's what I thought that's why I asked where you got the others..oh the things I could post on Hodges..oh man all I can say is NEVER again..

The Blue laced come in all 3 colors so the splash is still blue laced..and hey they sent you rose comb chicks..be thankful there. I kept 1 pullet out of a total of 24 chicks she has more of a rock tail..like many BL have than I want but I'm going to see what happens with her...I suspect lots of single combs will hatch from that hen.

I'm lucky that I live close to Foley's..I'm heading up there again next week to get more BL chicks and some Partridge chicks and possibly another BL Roo..they are super nice to work with and will never leave there feeling you were screwed..you will leave adding a new friend to your list.

The Splash Roo in the picture was only about 9 months in that picture so he's still filling out.I've always liked him but he's getting nicer every day now he's getting older.

Hi, everyone! I've heard conflicting theories on whether the BLRs can be sexed at hatch our not, and since I just got two day olds, I thought I'd put them up here and see if any of you fine folks would care to hazard a guess as to their sex. If you need better/more pics, just let me know....

Thanks in advance!!!

ETA: I believe the smudgey-looking one in the pic by herself is a splash- the feathers coming in on her wings are either white or very light blue....

Last edited:
Just realized I didn't have a lone pic of the other one, so here that is:

Any theories about what shade of blue she'll have would be great, too!
Oh, and just as a note, their father is a GORGEOUS, huge darker blue with lovely dark mahogany red....mother unknown, but there was a splash and a medium blue in with him. Not sure what lines they are.

Last edited:
Hi, everyone! I've heard conflicting theories on whether the BLRs can be sexed at hatch our not, and since I just got two day olds, I thought I'd put them up here and see if any of you fine folks would care to hazard a guess as to their sex. If you need better/more pics, just let me know....

Thanks in advance!!!

ETA: I believe the smudgey-looking one in the pic by herself is a splash- the feathers coming in on her wings are either white or very light blue....
I don't know if there is a way to sex by color so no help there. Just want to say you have a couple of cuties.

Back
Top Bottom