Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

You see that is your testimonial and if you are happy with the product ' fill yer boots ' , but that's not what the science says. Your dog is not a food producing animal. If I wanted eggs full of chemicals I'd go down to the corner store and buy some.

I never eat the eggs from the show birds anyway. Not that they lay any....

Ahh, thank you so much for the pics. He is very beautiful!! It's nice to actually be a able to see comparison pics!!
I do hope ours does the same as yours. I even think we have a little boy just like you.

Well, to be totally honest, I'm still not 100% sure I've got a cockerel. My opinion in that regard changes every day. I'm pretty sure (today, anyway) that he is, but I'm still waiting for a crow before I say definitively that he's a he. I hope he's a boy, because I'd really like to breed these, but I'll have to wait and see, like you. Keep me updated on your little guy/gal! I'm curious to see if he'll be a blue or not. Oh, and thanks for saying he's beautiful! Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so...
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Comfortis is REALLY expensive in the U.S. I don't know if there is a cheaper genetic but it sure is pricy. Frontline has shown less and less effectiveness on dogs and cats but on birds I can attest that it is almost like a miracle.

Shipping is a bit longer but there is a company in Australia that offers wormers, Flea and Tick products, etc. at a much lower cost then here in the US.
www.equinemegastore.com

I use human grade Diatomaceous Earth for myself and all of my animals. When you get some time you should definitely Google the benefits.

Shipping is a bit longer but there is a company in Australia that offers wormers, Flea and Tick products, etc. at a much lower cost then here in the US.
www.equinemegastore.com

I use human grade Diatomaceous Earth for myself and all of my animals. When you get some time you should definitely Google the benefits.

I've used it but I'm not convinced that it does all that much for external parasites and I've seen it suggested that it doesn't work when wet and doesn't work for internal parasites. I'm not sure if that's accurate but I've dusted birds with it and certainly didn't see much difference...at least not quickly. Maybe if the birds had a constant dry dust bathing area with Diotomacious Earth it would eventually get rid of all the external parasites.

I've used it but I'm not convinced that it does all that much for external parasites and I've seen it suggested that it doesn't work when wet and doesn't work for internal parasites. I'm not sure if that's accurate but I've dusted birds with it and certainly didn't see much difference...at least not quickly. Maybe if the birds had a constant dry dust bathing area with Diotomacious Earth it would eventually get rid of all the external parasites.

I dust ALL my animals with it....outside birds dont get as thorough dustings as the dogs & cats do of course. Recently rescued 2 kittens with typical wormy pot belly and they had alot of fleas. I took a toothbrush for around the face but applied the DE and it killed the fleas....2 weeks now of 1/2 tsp of DE in some wet cat food and no distended bellies, they're gaining weight, and VERY active now. Diatomaceous earth doesn't fully dissolve in water....like when i take it each morning in my juice, i have to stir it a few times in between gulps lol. THat works fine but if i put a bunch in the drinking water for the critters, it would just settle to the bottom. Sooooo, it gets dusted/mixed in their food. FOr me personally. ..it had made a huge difference. Been taking it for over 6 months.....nails/hair grow faster/stronger. I sleep better...heavier wrinkles have diminished.....stomach not bloated & better digestion. And the main reason i started it was because i have had 2 cervical fusion surgeries. ...5 levels in total and my range in motion has greatly improved with the DE ( and i take turmeric w/curcumin ).

I dust ALL my animals with it....outside birds dont get as thorough dustings as the dogs & cats do of course. Recently rescued 2 kittens with typical wormy pot belly and they had alot of fleas. I took a toothbrush for around the face but applied the DE and it killed the fleas....2 weeks now of 1/2 tsp of DE in some wet cat food and no distended bellies, they're gaining weight, and VERY active now. Diatomaceous earth doesn't fully dissolve in water....like when i take it each morning in my juice, i have to stir it a few times in between gulps lol. THat works fine but if i put a bunch in the drinking water for the critters, it would just settle to the bottom. Sooooo, it gets dusted/mixed in their food. FOr me personally. ..it had made a huge difference. Been taking it for over 6 months.....nails/hair grow faster/stronger. I sleep better...heavier wrinkles have diminished.....stomach not bloated & better digestion. And the main reason i started it was because i have had 2 cervical fusion surgeries. ...5 levels in total and my range in motion has greatly improved with the DE ( and i take turmeric w/curcumin ).

That's a great ' testimonial ' and its sounds as though you are very happy with the product, but where's the science? My inlaws have these little electrodes that they hold on to and swear that by doing so they are ridding themselves of all internal parasites. WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE ?
But if it works for you , stick with it.
1f60a.png

That's a great ' testimonial ' and its sounds as though you are very happy with the product, but where's the science? My inlaws have these little electrodes that they hold on to and swear that by doing so they are ridding themselves of all internal parasites. WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE ?
But if it works for you , stick with it.
1f60a.png

LoL. I hear you and believe me I was a bit skeptical when my husband first told me about the benefits of Diatomaceous Earth. I did my own research and of course there is not a lot of scientific evidence or studies because it is not a chemical or a drug. There are of course articles about it and a lot of reviews from people who have used it for various reasons/remedies. I just know that all my animals are always in good weight healthy skin my dogs are always clear when a stool sample is taken to the vet and it has helped me immensely. And that is all the proof I need :)

Hi guys, I've been lurking in this thread since this spring. That's about when I got my BLRW. I just wanted to post some pictures and see everyone's thoughts on them. My favorite guy color wise I think is a little weak in type. I just keep trying to decide how to split them come spring for breeding pens. I have 5 roosters and 6 hens. Something got my 7th hen, I was pretty bummed. They are still molty right now so I guess it may not be the greatest time for evals.

I have a black laced rooster who lacks type severely in my opinion, 2 splash hens, maybe a splash rooster or two, and the rest are blues. One thing I do appreciate on them all is their very yellow legs.

My fave color wise

Thanks for any opinions, you can hit me hard with them, I won't be offended. I have more pictures if anyone would like to see, or I can easily get more individual pictures for critique!

Last edited:
I like this guy's color. He has very nice lacing, not much orange in his hackles or saddle. He has pretty good base feather color. He has a short beak which is desirable with these birds. His comb and wattles are appropriate size and shape. His type is off, however. His back is much longer than you want with these birds. You ideally want the back to be about the length of a golf ball. As you can see his back is about 10 golf balls. His tail angle is really high. A good tail would slope gradually to about 40 degrees from the parallel. Overall, he is a good start. I like him.
This pic makes it difficult to see all the birds in the pic. I know the focal bird was the splash in the foreground to the left. I agree, even with limited views of all the birds, that that bird looks to be your best color wise. Cant comment on type as they are all facing odd angles. Let me tell you what I like and what I dont like about this splash hen. I like her base feather color. It is, for the most part, very nice dark mahogany like what you want in these birds. However, her lacing is not very defined. She has a lot of visible shafting in her feathers. You want the shafts to be same color as the base feather color. She has a bit of brass in her hackles, but I wouldn't worry about that now. I cant see her side profile so I cant say much as far as type, but she is wide bodied which is good for wyandottes. She has good undercarriage volume. Her beak is nice and short.
Honestly, this guy is too young to critique. However, I must discourage you from using this bird from breeding, no matter how good he gets. Why? Because he is a black laced bird. Most good breeders dont use black laced birds for breeding since they dont have consistent results. The only reason people use black laced birds is to darken their blues, which you dont seem to have a problem with.

In this pic, the bird all the way to the right is my favorite. She is the blue hen. She has good pigeon blue color, good lacing, and good base feather color. I would use her for breeding.

Thanks for any opinions, you can hit me hard with them, I won't be offended. I have more pictures if anyone would like to see, or I can easily get more individual pictures for critique!

Back
Top Bottom