Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Can we get pictures please, as these make figuring out if your chicken has a really bad problem or just a minor thing. Thank you and :frow Welcome to BYC, we are so glad to have you here, where you can informed answers to you questions or just join a thread that interests you, jump in and have fun !!!!!!!!!!!

:confused:

I bumped a thread looking for eye candy and so far a person is answering a 6 month old post and another is talking about ailments nobody posted about. Let's stay on task people. Take photos and post.

I no longer breed them, but here are some old pictures of some I had fifteen years ago. These all came from McKinney and Govero before they liquidated their stock and were descended from imported stock. Excuse the photo quality. My cell phone has a higher quality camera than the digital cameras two decades ago.

Blue-laced Red Wyandotte (Splash).jpg
Blue-laced Red Wyandotte Hen w White Javas in Background.jpg
Blue-laced Red Wyandotte Pair (Splash).jpg
Blue-laced Red Wyandotte Trio.jpg

Personally I've always love the Foley line of BLRW and often send people there to look for examples of the color they should be wanting. I detest seeing Blue-laced Gold Wyandottes. Kind of like horrible quality Lavender Orpingtons. Everyone jumped on that train and nobody was driving...

I no longer breed them, but here are some old pictures of some I had fifteen years ago. These all came from McKinney and Govero before they liquidated their stock and were descended from imported stock. Excuse the photo quality. My cell phone has a higher quality camera than the digital cameras two decades ago.

View attachment 2505187View attachment 2505188View attachment 2505189View attachment 2505190

Personally I've always love the Foley line of BLRW and often send people there to look for examples of the color they should be wanting. I detest seeing Blue-laced Gold Wyandottes. Kind of like horrible quality Lavender Orpingtons. Everyone jumped on that train and nobody was driving...
The second one is the prettiest one I've ever seen.

@dlamb82 That's some good stock you have. Mind saying where they are from?

I really like the blue cock. Has no shafting that I can see nor comb sprigs. He's a breeder for sure :thumbsup

The splash cock looks to be better type but I'm wary of the brass in saddle.

Last edited:
Let the birds out and started snapping pics with good battery. Camera suddenly turned off due to it being -1 F. Two photos were not blurry...I'll give it another go this weekend. I do like this cockerel though.
DSCN1764.JPG
DSCN1765.JPG

Back
Top Bottom