Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Pics
I have nine bantam wyandottes that just turned 7 weeks old on Tuesday. Three of them are BLR (although I realize now from reading through this thread that they are splash) and I suspect that all three of them are boys. I was wondering if anyone here can confirm my suspicions.

#1 I am positive is a boy:

#3 which I would really like to be a girl, but comparing the comb to the GLW in the picture I don't think so.
sad.png

and here they are with some of the others (in picture #2, #1 and #3 from left)

(I have my doubts about the Buff Columbian as well)

This is my first time raising chickens and though I learn more every day, I don't always see the differences people talk about at this age.

I have nine bantam wyandottes that just turned 7 weeks old on Tuesday. Three of them are BLR (although I realize now from reading through this thread that they are splash) and I suspect that all three of them are boys. I was wondering if anyone here can confirm my suspicions.

#1 I am positive is a boy:

#3 which I would really like to be a girl, but comparing the comb to the GLW in the picture I don't think so.
sad.png

and here they are with some of the others (in picture #2, #1 and #3 from left)

(I have my doubts about the Buff Columbian as well)

This is my first time raising chickens and though I learn more every day, I don't always see the differences people talk about at this age.

I am thinking that the first one MAY be a girl. The other two look like boys to me. With the BLR's the redder wings with less lacing are normally the boys. But then again all of yours look to have very thick legs and really red in the face for that age. I am only exp with the large fowl though so just guessing.

I got 5 chicks! 1 splash 2 blue and 2 black..... I think..... I will get pics tomorrow. 1 pipped upside down and died
hit.gif

wee.gif

My other batch due in 2 weeks out of 12 set it looks like 10 are developing.
fl.gif

Help me ID their colors.... Please..... gender if you want to guess.

Chick 1 Splash

Chick 2 blue I think

Chick 3 Blue?

Chick 4 Black?

Chick 5

After looking at the pics I just don't know... they all look blue but the splash
barnie.gif

Tell me what make you think they are the color you pick. Maybe the next batch I can figure it out on my own.
wink.png

Chick 1 Splash

Chick 2 blue I think

Chick 3 Blue?

Chick 4 Black?

Chick 5

After looking at the pics I just don't know... they all look blue but the splash
barnie.gif

Tell me what make you think they are the color you pick. Maybe the next batch I can figure it out on my own.
wink.png

SWEET!!!!!! Congrats on your hatch! I wish I could help you out with colors but since I do not have anything except Splash and Blue I would be no help trying to figure out which ones are black. Will say .......I think it would be pretty hard to distinguish blue from black at this young age with them.
Yesterday, I was looking at the little BLRW's that hatched compared to my Barnie's and was thinking.....boy howdy I better get really good at telling because when I finally get to make my next generation of Double Laced Blue Barnevelders.......I will only be getting blue or black so I better brush up my skill, bigtime and pronto.

Chick 1 Splash

Chick 2 blue I think

Chick 3 Blue?

Chick 4 Black?

Chick 5

barnie.gif

wink.png
Just blues and splashes here :)

I absolutely love the looks of the BLRW birds.

We have one multi-breed coop that I'm thinking of clearing out so I can keep just one breed. We'd want friendly hens and roo (Bob, the Sussex roo is a sweetheart) as well as good laying for eating and hatching eggs.

Would BLRW birds fit that bill, do you think?

Yes, Wyandottes are very sweet, calm birds and I have never had a mean Wyandotte rooster
thumbsup.gif

I absolutely love the looks of the BLRW birds.

We have one multi-breed coop that I'm thinking of clearing out so I can keep just one breed. We'd want friendly hens and roo (Bob, the Sussex roo is a sweetheart) as well as good laying for eating and hatching eggs.

Would BLRW birds fit that bill, do you think?

Back
Top Bottom