Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Pics
Thanks Chickee,
I totally see the black in yours! I have some like that too.
Very helpful. How old is that one at the bottom in the picture?
smile.png

I think the chick in the pictures was around 4 days old in the first picture, 2 weeks old in the second picture and 3 and a half weeks old in the third picture.

Last edited:
I have some that look like that only now at three weeks they almost look a little smokey underneath and inside their feathers by the skin. What do you guys think? Still black but a little smokey? Or a secret blue. ;)

Lost one of my beautiful splash babies yesterday... We had a busy day doing hay but after throwing 1200 bales I went enjoy my flock. Went in with the chicks whom were in a totally enclosed lg stall like coop..... to find my splash chick mutilated, head missing, legs dangling and broken, inerds gone but no blood... What in the world? Im assuming a rat did this because nothing else could hsve gotten in the coop from anywhere. I took some purcautions for the night for the other chics. Im so upset as she was my cutie! Do rats do that.... take the head an all?

I'm sorry too. I worry all the time about something like that happening. My husband is finishing up the chicken house so this makes me look even harder to find places that predators might be able to get in. Never thought of something as small as a rat until now.
:(

Deanna OR,
That is a good picture of the three colors.
How is your little GIRL chick doing? Keep and eye out because she will keep changing on ya.
Still think she is blue though.
Mine? Just looked and they look weirder than yesterday. It's sort of fun . :p

Our coops are what used to be our quarintine stays for horses, converted to now chicken coops.. They are totally enclosed even with wire to the roof, doors etc... No possable way for something to get in. I found a hole along the back side that was redug this am so it was for sure a rat... My poor baby! Ill be doing all i can today to make sure i prevent another killing.

Pullet or Roos? They are 7 wks old. I need a pullet...just one blue pullet...please...
I hatched out 7 BLRW chicks and I fear that they are all cockerels except for one black BLRW and she's cross beaked
he.gif

Here are pics of 2 different chicks that have the most potential to be pullets...the rest of them have bright red combs & wattles. One has a single comb, but if it's a girl I will keep her b/c I won't be breeding them. Whada you think? THANKS!!!

and the splash with a single comb...

ok so for some reason can only post pictures sometimes but my profile picture is my roster and her is a wyandotte or that is what we were told when i got him

Back
Top Bottom