Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Pics
Ok so we have some young pairs of BLRWs offered for sale. All vaccinated. Can ship if needed.

One splash pair. This is the female in the back and the male in the front. Female is a month + older. (pet quality)

One splash pullet (pet quality) and blue cockerel (show quality). Sorry they looked squished due to the angle of where I was standing.

I am going to pick up a pair of breeders from the Foleys! Yeah sooooooo excited! might get some SLW too or at least a roo.... we will see. This is a HUGE investment! These are the most expensive chickens I have ever bought! But I am sure it is going to be well worth it!

I am going to pick up a pair of breeders from the Foleys! Yeah sooooooo excited! might get some SLW too or at least a roo.... we will see. This is a HUGE investment! These are the most expensive chickens I have ever bought! But I am sure it is going to be well worth it!

Wow very cool. Do you live close to them?

I am in TN and they are in KY so not too far.

Very cool! Please post pics. I would love to see their birds again and again and again. I strive to make mine like theirs. I do have 4 from them that are going on two years old. They have made some pretty babies this year which I am growing out for next years stock with a new roo.

Hi all.

I got 4 BLRW from Meyer Hatchery 6 weeks ago. I finally got them outside in a run where I could take better pictures. It's looking to me I have 2 splash and 2 black? I am pretty sure the one splash in the center photo is a roo, how about the other one? I'm hoping to get at least one pullet, could the black one be a pullet? I don't have a good photo of the other black but looks pretty similar to me. The blasted critters won't stay still long enough to take pics! Plus the other birds keep getting in the way! The splash in the 1st and 3rd photo is the same bird. I guess I didn't get any blues so I am hoping I'll he able to cross a black and splash next year to get some.

And does it matter whether the hen or the roo is the black or splash to get the blues? I'm a bit fuzzy on that.
idunno.gif

If anyone is interested in SPPR & BLRW chicks please contact me. Leaving on vacation in less than two weeks and need to find these a home. Day old to week old. Contact ASAP! Will pack package price!

Here are my Foley BLRW that DMRippy picked up for me.

, this guy is my Black laced red roo.

There is my younger Blue laced red.. he is almost as dark as my black.

Weinie dog watching from outside the pen.( Unlike most Dachshunds, he cares nothing for the chickens.so he doesnt chase them...they chase HIM, LOL)

My black laced again..

By two roos, and younger splash.. the other splash is hiding
hide.gif
, note the light feathering under the roos? LOL

Younger splash.

older splash

younger splash with the black laced roo.

Younger splash with blue roo, I can tell this one is going to have darker lacing.

older pullet

Back
Top Bottom