Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Ruth has some of the nicest BLRWs ! I am very impressed with the quality of her chickens and yours are looking good! I live in Texas and if you want I can take them off your hands
droolin.gif

Please don't let one misguided - mispoken person deprive the rest of us from your years of extensive knowledge. 99.9 % of us know how valuable are farmers are, and how difficult of a life it is so the rest of us 'non-farmers' can sit down to a hot meal. Thank you for what you do. Stick 'round we need your wisdom, let the inconsiderate comments from the ?unknowledgable roll off like water ona ducks back.
Who is this to? and who us being Inconsiderate?
Sorry Just confused.

ditto... that's why the quotes are so handy. so you know what's being replied to. 8)

the wyandottes are winning me over, i think... but i don't think, to the point where they will replace my cochins or dorkings. maybe someday when i have more than enough breeding pens. LOL

I love cochins! Especially the bantams

They're great! I actually have a request from a customer to hatch some quality ones for her however she wants LF and I'm having a heck of a time finding white Cochin LF eggs.
All tolled it looks like I have 4 BLRW chikcs from the eggs I hatched. 1 blue with a straight comb, 1 blue with correct comb and 2 gold with correct combs. I have left the other eggs in there just in case but will pull them tomorrow as they are colder to the touch than the live ones were.

I have a theory.... the other chick has lots of bars across the wings. The roo chick has less barring and bigger space between the bars. Anyone else ever notice that? I have not tested this but I think I am right.
Yup you are right about the barring and the color difference :) Also the roos feather in slower across the back

Back
Top Bottom