Blue Langshan Eggs

We got 2 blues from a local place in TX. And I only got them as a replacement because they didn’t have any barred rock and said what the heck. It’s prob a cool breed. Love them!!
We ended up with Langshans in a similar way. We wanted to start our flock with at least 2 breeds that were "big, docile, and quiet." I didn't want to deal with different aged chicks in the brooder, so when our chicken lady at the co-op had Langshans coming the same day as Brahma chicks, I was like, "Why not?"

The Langshans are so serene they make the friendly Brahmas look like a bunch of spring breakers, but they're so big they easily hold their own. It's a good mix. Of course I'd love some Barred Rocks in the future, too :)

PXL_20200920_184835009.jpg

Yes. This was the first time she fully 'melted' :) We have 2 blue langshans and 2 delaware pullets - it's interesting to see their different traits. The delawares are happy to dig up the entire yard looking for food - the langshans are much more opportunistic!

And just like that one of our blue langshans laid her first egg 🥚 (the one pictured above)

There were two eggs in that nest. I think hers is the paler one on the right

PXL_20200921_163402836.jpg

[
And just like that one of our blue langshans laid her first egg 🥚 (the one pictured above)

There were two eggs in that nest. I think hers is the paler one on the right

View attachment 2342766
Congratulations! So you think it's the one on the far right?

Your birdie is a beauty. Ours are the finest of foragers but opportunistic, too. They just love food all around. If you've brought treats into the yard, you can bet a Langshan is sizing up the best way to get to the goods before the others.

You can see it in their expressions--it looks like she's watching the camera to see if any food will pop out of it :lol:

Back
Top Bottom