Blue Langshan Eggs

Sweetheat

Chirping
Apr 18, 2020
I collected a different colored egg today but I’m trying to figure out which hen laid it. The light colored one. It’s super light. Mostly out of curiosity. I’ve been collecting from my speckled Sussex and buff Orpington but today one of my blue langshans squatted the big squat when I pet her and I’ve been suspecting she was close to laying...all I can find online are croad langshan and marans eggs but nothing on blue langshans definitively. The pink/purple one in the top picture I saw my buff Orpington lay. Otherwise I’d think it was that one for the blue langshan. Anyone out there have blue langshans laying?
84A5E5F9-1C20-4C10-820B-3C859D56FCAA.jpeg

I guess no one has blue langshan. I'm not familiar with the breed personally. They sound pretty. Hopefully someone will help out. Pretty eggs. :)

Ohhh she's so pretty! I have hatchery Black Langshans, so not the Croad but not blue, either. Not sure how helpful this will be, but I posted about their eggs, with pictures, here:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/ideal-poultry-langshans-show-me-your-eggs.1395153/

Ours started laying medium-brown until their bloom came in about a week later. Then they're mauve, a little darker than the pink egg from your BO.

There isn't much info out about this breed, but they're wonderful.

We got 2 blues from a local place in TX. And I only got them as a replacement because they didn’t have any barred rock and said what the heck. It’s prob a cool breed. Love them!!

Thank you! That’s great advice. I’ll try that. Bc I just discovered I might be dealing with poultry lice. Ugh!

Back
Top Bottom