Status
Not open for further replies.

MissPrissy

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
May 7, 2007
Forks, Virginia
I put the chicks outside this morning as soon as the sun dried the grass and the morning began to warm up.

chicks1-1.jpg

These are the chicks hatched from eggs from Bamachicken and Jimmy47.

chicks2.jpg

They are turning out to be really lovely colors.

They have also been kicked out of the upstairs plastic tote brooder. They are graduating to the brooder on the side porch with a heat lamp at night.

These chicks were hatched on April 16, 2008. They are eight days old. Their brooder should be 85 degrees. The sun is very hot out there and they are doing fine laying in the heat in a bed of grass. When they come back in they will go under heat lamps. Right now they are enjoying the grass and the sun and the bugs and the fresh air.

I have to clean up, sanitize and get ready for the batches set to hatch.
big_smile.png

Here are photos of the geese and the baby goats .

They sure are looking good. But you need to teach them there is more to that pen then the corner behind the stick!
big_smile.png

Thank you! Julie, I just can't wait to see how they feather out. My husband loves RIR's. I am hoping before the summer gets too hot I can get some of your RIR eggs.

Oh, Kitty! They were scared! I took them outside once about 3 days after they hatched then it started raining here and didn't stop. This is the first time on the ground for more than a few minutes.

I wish I had grass already... beautiful babies, Miss P... just beautiful!
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom