Blue Orpingtons

...and my blue pullet...

This is my first year with BBS Orps, and I have to say, their good temperament blows me away. My cockerel is so mild mannered and takes such good care of his girls. Do all of you find them to be the same, or did I just luck out? :)

I have always had real nice mannered Orpingtons in general. I do like the blues better though but that is just a preference of mine though. My flock is mostly Buff Brahmas but hoping to change all of that by end of spring with several good hatches of course. Hoping to have a yard full of Blues with a hand full of other colors just for fun....

Thank you and sorry to hear about your loss
My blues are very well mannered so I hope yours turn out to be as well.
I'm hoping to get some pictures of my breeding trio this week end. If I do I will post them 

Thanks...if my famiy and I get him I'll post some picks. The family that has him said he's 100% Blue Orp...and that they bought him from Just Struttin Farms in Nor Cal.

breeding pins

2nd rooster

I am hoping for a good hatch. very hard to collect eggs in this cold. Many trips to the coop every day. I just hope it is worth it, I really like these blues I've got matched up. fingers crossed, setting eggs on Dec. 11th for a new years hatch with the group on the hatch along thread.

Back
Top Bottom