Blue partridge and gold partridge Brahma eggs by the dozen - CLOSED

#15 shipped today. I have 6 dozen more eggs to go before I'm caught up on all previous orders!!!!

Now for the bad news -

With the cost of packaging materials (box, tape, bubble wrap), the gas (30-minute drive to post office), and the very unfriendly man behind the counter at the post offie (he actually charged me $29.15 today to ship the last box because it was 12-1/2 inches instead of 12 inches), when I reopen sales, I'm going to have to charge $15.00 per dozen for shipping. I have tried to keep costs reasonable and not be greedy, but it appears the post office has decided to "stick it to me." Sorry!

If anyone is still interested at the higher price, I'll be opening sales in the next two to three weeks.

Update on egg sales -

The good - We're on our last 4 dozen - Yahoo!

The bad - One of my gold hens has decided to go broody, so one less egg a day. Out of seven girls, I'm getting an egg a day from the three blue girls, one egg a day from a gold girl, another girl laying sporadically, and one not laying at all, plus the broody. That's sometimes five eggs a day, but more frequently four a day. Another three blue partridge pullets are starting to lay, so they will be added to the breeding program in a few weeks.

I will be reopening sales in the next couple of weeks for round #2!

Now for the ugly - I'm going to have to charge $15 for shipping. Shipping has ranged from $10 to a whopping $29, but is usually around $19 for postage. With the cost of the boxes, bubble wrap, and gas for the 20-minute drive to the post office, I have been almost giving these eggs away. So, I have decided $15 would be fair for me and you. That's per order, whether it's one or two dozen. I can't ship more than two dozen at a time, the girls just aren't up to it!

Thanks all!

Back
Top Bottom