Blue partridge? Anyone got pics?

Thanks, but she has many months to go before I can call her a hen
smile.png
She hatched last December. I am getting some really nice partridge and blue partridges this year--this girl is from the eldest group.

She's really pretty! I'll try to get some other pictures of my little one, so you can see the blue I'm talking about.

Blue partridge is not yet a color recognized by the APA or ABA, right? Is anyone working on getting it recognized?

I've been working on getting accurate pics of her color, but it's making me crazy. With the flash, you can't see the blue, and without it the pic is blurry. GRRRRRRR

So this is the best I can come up with. Are you seeing blue in there, or is it just me?
P5080002.jpg

P5080067.jpg

P5080053.jpg

P5080038.jpg

Most the time the blue birds start out very light and then darken up. However the same happens with black birds. So the color may darken with the first molt. its really hard to tell. I would say its just a regular colored partridge for the fact that the bluish color is too dark to stay blue like that later on. Usually blue starts out very light.

These are pictures of two I hatched out that are partridge and one I would consider Blue Partridge, just for lack of knowing what else it could be. They were identical as chicks.

5209036.jpg

5209027.jpg

Quote:
Every time I use the flash, it distorts the color. I can hardly get the blue to show up with the flash. The flash makes the blue black, and the reddish brown is browner. The blue looks a lot more true to color in the blurry photos without the flash. It's frustrating!

Back
Top Bottom