Blue rocks

Pics
I read this whole thread. I must say Mr. B is GORGEOUS! Good luck with your experiment and I hope you get the results you're after! The chicks are adorable!
big_smile.png

Quote:
I am going to grow out a blue barred boy (BBB) because I can't stand it and I want to see just how handsome a blue barred boy can be
thumbsup.gif

So will blue barred on blue produce blue barred splash?? Humm
idunno.gif

OH my gosh - YOu haven't seen the new color calculator?
Okay it's a Euro site so half of it's in other languages.

Haan/Male: Hen/Female:
blauw unicolor koekoek
blue unicolor barred

Help, pick color from list
blauw unicolor
blue unicolor I didn't put in whether the blue hen had barred in her background since I didn't know....

The below shows genotypes for the group of progeny...

Genotypes:
EE co+co+ db+db+ pg+pg+ ml+ml+ Cha+Cha+ mh+mh+ di+di+ Ig+Ig+ cb+cb+ i+i+ BlBl Lav+Lav+ C+C+ Mo+Mo+ B- S- Choc+-
Gender = Female, Ratio = 1/16 = 6.25%, minimum of animals to breed: 16
vuilwit unicolor koekoek | splash unicolor barred

EE co+co+ db+db+ pg+pg+ ml+ml+ Cha+Cha+ mh+mh+ di+di+ Ig+Ig+ cb+cb+ i+i+ BlBl Lav+Lav+ C+C+ Mo+Mo+ Bb+ Ss+ Choc+Choc+
Gender = Male, Ratio = 1/16 = 6.25%, minimum of animals to breed: 16

EE co+co+ db+db+ pg+pg+ ml+ml+ Cha+Cha+ mh+mh+ di+di+ Ig+Ig+ cb+cb+ i+i+ Blbl+ Lav+Lav+ C+C+ Mo+Mo+ B- S- Choc+-
Gender = Female, Ratio = 2/16 = 12.5%, minimum of animals to breed: 8
blauw unicolor koekoek | blue unicolor barred

EE co+co+ db+db+ pg+pg+ ml+ml+ Cha+Cha+ mh+mh+ di+di+ Ig+Ig+ cb+cb+ i+i+ Blbl+ Lav+Lav+ C+C+ Mo+Mo+ Bb+ Ss+ Choc+Choc+
Gender = Male, Ratio = 2/16 = 12.5%, minimum of animals to breed: 8
blauw unicolor koekoek | blue unicolor barred

EE co+co+ db+db+ pg+pg+ ml+ml+ Cha+Cha+ mh+mh+ di+di+ Ig+Ig+ cb+cb+ i+i+ bl+bl+ Lav+Lav+ C+C+ Mo+Mo+ B- S- Choc+-
zwart unicolor koekoek | black unicolor barred

EE co+co+ db+db+ pg+pg+ ml+ml+ Cha+Cha+ mh+mh+ di+di+ Ig+Ig+ cb+cb+ i+i+ bl+bl+ Lav+Lav+ C+C+ Mo+Mo+ Bb+ Ss+ Choc+Choc+
zwart unicolor koekoek | black unicolor barredContinue with this Male | Select for later crossings

Ee+ co+co+ db+db+ pg+pg+ ml+ml+ Cha+Cha+ mh+mh+ di+di+ Ig+Ig+ cb+cb+ i+i+ BlBl Lav+Lav+ C+C+ Mo+Mo+ B- S- Choc+-

Ee+ co+co+ db+db+ pg+pg+ ml+ml+ Cha+Cha+ mh+mh+ di+di+ Ig+Ig+ cb+cb+ i+i+ BlBl Lav+Lav+ C+C+ Mo+Mo+ Bb+ Ss+ Choc+Choc+

Ee+ co+co+ db+db+ pg+pg+ ml+ml+ Cha+Cha+ mh+mh+ di+di+ Ig+Ig+ cb+cb+ i+i+ Blbl+ Lav+Lav+ C+C+ Mo+Mo+ B- S- Choc+-
Gender = Female, Ratio = 2/16 = 12.5%, minimum of animals to breed: 8
blauw unicolor koekoek | blue unicolor barredContinue with this Female | Select for later crossings

Ee+ co+co+ db+db+ pg+pg+ ml+ml+ Cha+Cha+ mh+mh+ di+di+ Ig+Ig+ cb+cb+ i+i+ Blbl+ Lav+Lav+ C+C+ Mo+Mo+ Bb+ Ss+ Choc+Choc+
Gender = Male, Ratio = 2/16 = 12.5%, minimum of animals to breed: 8
blauw unicolor koekoek | blue unicolor barredContinue with this Male | Select for later crossings

Ee+ co+co+ db+db+ pg+pg+ ml+ml+ Cha+Cha+ mh+mh+ di+di+ Ig+Ig+ cb+cb+ i+i+ bl+bl+ Lav+Lav+ C+C+ Mo+Mo+ B- S- Choc+-

Ee+ co+co+ db+db+ pg+pg+ ml+ml+ Cha+Cha+ mh+mh+ di+di+ Ig+Ig+ cb+cb+ i+i+ bl+bl+ Lav+Lav+ C+C+ Mo+Mo+ Bb+ Ss+ Choc+Choc+

And Here it shows number of each phenotype for the breeding. So yes you get your splash
smile.png
from this breeding...

Phenotypes:
Hennen/Pullets:
blauw unicolor koekoek (blue unicolor barred)
Ratio = 4/16 = 25%, minimum of animals to breed: 4

Hennen/Pullets:
vuilwit unicolor koekoek (splash unicolor barred)
Ratio = 2/16 = 12.5%, minimum of animals to breed: 8

Hennen/Pullets:
zwart unicolor koekoek (black unicolor barred)

Hanen/Cockerels:
blauw unicolor koekoek (blue unicolor barred)
Ratio = 4/16 = 25%, minimum of animals to breed: 4

Hanen/Cockerels:
vuilwit unicolor koekoek (splash unicolor barred)

Hanen/Cockerels:
zwart unicolor koekoek (black unicolor barred)

Now that you are drooling... Here's the website:

http://home.hetnet.nl/~h.meijers69/kruising.html

D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
You all addicted me, now I'm returning the favor.

cool.png

Awww no headaches!

The site is much more user friendly than all that genetic coding makes it seem.

LOTS OF PICTURES
smile.png
for those of us who can't keep all the genetic info in our heads.

Really the whole thing is a hoot. You can spend hours combining colors.
smile.png

Just thought Id give a little update on my chicks. I havent kept any male chicks (knowingly) as they seem to be very easy to sexlink at birth. The boys all have white on their heads. Now Ive been hatching only eggs from barred hens, with the occassional blue hen egg. She lays so sporadically that I dont hatch very many of them. These are the oldest of the blue/barred cross. Interestingly enough, the one thing that I can fault Mr. B on is that he doesnt have any lacing to speak of, but his babies are all very lacey.

338593863.jpg

338593877.jpg

338593888.jpg

This one seems to be a boy, which means he must be from the blue hen, since he had no spot on his head. Which I dont mind one bit, as he has some beautiful lacing. May have to keep him as a back up to the old boy.

338593868.jpg

338593870.jpg

Last edited:
Cyn, you know I had to candle those babies....still have 15 cooking, amazing, huh. Ive decided not to keep a barred roo; I would rather keep another blue roo and just keep as many nice barred girls as I can get for Mr. B. So, knock wood, hopefully Ill get him some nice girls from this batch.

Back
Top Bottom