Blue Seal or Purina?

I think it's more about amount of protein and healthy additives versus fillers and possible preservatives or unnecessary ingredients. You try to pick the lesser of two evils.
Blue Seal adds probiotics which Purina does not. Add the additional protein and shipping costs to your location, and you get $5 more per bag. Whether or not that is worth it is up to you. I would guess it would depend on how much feed you use per month. Another consideration which feeds sell best too. It would be best to get one that does not sit on the shelf for ages no matter how good the quality is.

There is no local feed mill around here either. So I have to choose from the commercial feeds. I have been happy with Blue Seal, but I had no complaints when I used Purina's Flock Raiser.

Last edited:
Since Blue Seal/Kent/EverGreen changed there feed to a vegetarian feed and charges more in doing so I would go with the lesser of two evils and go with Purina.
Both feed are much the same, and nether one contains animal proteins so go with the lesser priced one.

Now if your TSC or a Feed Mill will order it for you,,, you could go with Purina's Wildlife Game Bird feed which is a little higher protein and can contain animal protein if ordered. I myself feed Mazuri feed put out by Land-O-Lakes the sister company/owner of Purina Mills, it makes blue seal and the lower end purina feeds look like junk.

Since Blue Seal/Kent/EverGreen changed there feed to a vegetarian feed and charges more in doing so I would go with the lesser of two evils and go with Purina.
Both feed are much the same, and nether one contains animal proteins so go with the lesser priced one.

Now if your TSC or a Feed Mill will order it for you,,, you could go with Purina's Wildlife Game Bird feed which is a little higher protein and can contain animal protein if ordered. I myself feed Mazuri feed put out by Land-O-Lakes the sister company/owner of Purina Mills, it makes blue seal and the lower end purina feeds look like junk.
I would love to find Mazuri around here, but all I can get is Blue Seal, Purina or Nutrena. Surprisingly Nutrena is the most expensive, then Purina and Blue Seal is the least expensive.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom