Blue shell gene testing - IQ Bird Testing

pinewoodacres

Songster
Oct 2, 2021
Levy County, Florida
Has anyone used this site? I know everyone was sending off feather samples to Germany through the Silverudd’s group but I just found these guys in Miami. They offer both blood ($20) and feather testing ($25).

https://orders.iqbirdtesting.com/product/blue-egg-gene-with-blood-sample/

https://orders.iqbirdtesting.com/product/blue-egg-gene-with-feathers-sample/

I wanted to see if anyone had used them for this or sexing their birds to see how accurate they are before I decide to use them for my project birds. It would be SO much easier than sending samples overseas which is an answer to the prayers of a lot of us! (Finding somewhere to do it domestically was something we had been discussing in breeding groups on FB, but I deleted my account several months ago so no idea if anyone there is already aware of this place - I just found it today.)

Thanks!

I wanted to see if anyone had used them for this or sexing their birds to see how accurate they are before I decide to use them for my project birds.
I've used them for sexing 2 chicks. They were correct on both, as confirmed by the female growing up to lay eggs and the male growing up to crow and sire chicks.

I've used them for testing blue egg gene on one hen who laid green eggs. They said she was heterozygous for blue egg gene. (So not obviously wrong, but I cannot prove completely correct either.)

I use them often to sex my young Silkies. I’ve had 100% accuracy so far. A lot of it depends on how well you collect the sample and how meticulous you are about this. They have great customer service and I’ve been very pleased with them.😊

I've used them for sexing 2 chicks. They were correct on both, as confirmed by the female growing up to lay eggs and the male growing up to crow and sire chicks.

I've used them for testing blue egg gene on one hen who laid green eggs. They said she was heterozygous for blue egg gene. (So not obviously wrong, but I cannot prove completely correct either.)
Am I wrong, or isn't a chicken that lays green eggs expressing the blue egg gene? Genetically, aren't green and blue the "same" or kind of in the eye of the beholder?

Back
Top Bottom