Blue skin on duck?

jimenjos000

Hatching
Oct 14, 2022
I have a pekin duck that was flapping his wings in a very odd way one day. Her left wing seemed perfectly fine when i checked her, but she wasn't fully extending her right wing. So i just started digging around her feathers to find something, and i did. I found a pretty big blue skin coloration on her right wing. Just picture regular duck skin but in a dark shade of blueish black. Does anyone know what this could be?

To start with: Welcome to BYC.
As far as the duck wing. I have a hen that has recently had a very similar problem I think. From what I could tell her wing has become dislocated or broken and I think all around on the wing side of the joint it has become tight and darker colored with blood. Could something like this be what happened to your duck? I am kind of guessing that what happened to my hen is because of a rooster trying to mount her or something. I am not sure what else it could be.
Hopefully this helps.

To start with: Welcome to BYC.
As far as the duck wing. I have a hen that has recently had a very similar problem I think. From what I could tell her wing has become dislocated or broken and I think all around on the wing side of the joint it has become tight and darker colored with blood. Could something like this be what happened to your duck? I am kind of guessing that what happened to my hen is because of a rooster trying to mount her or something. I am not sure what else it could be.
Hopefully this helps.
Did you try wrapping your hen's wing in a normal position to give it time to heal?

If you can still bend the wing up into natural position then it might help. If the wing is rigid and won't bend I'd say it would be best to have a vet set it.

Back
Top Bottom