Blue Slate Turkeys-How Much Are Adults Worth?

Kstaven, I wish you were closer....I have 3 toms and a hen...blue slates...they are 12 weeks old. I guess they will go in the freezer...as no one around here seems interested. And, I thought 20.00 each was a good price!

Id say any where 15 to 30 depending on age.. I sell my Jake wilds for $15 to $20.00..sold some Young jenny hens for $50 a piece they where just starting to lay and i had to many..

However my best birds i don't think i could name a price on them...Of course market will have an influence on prices as well, if being used for food or pets depends to...

Going prices around for a blue slate would be around twenty for a young jake to fifty dollars for a mature pair. I believe it is inflated and I would never buy one at that price. I would PASS!
tongue.png

My guess would be $25-$40 each........really depends how hard they are to find where you are at and if someone really wants them. I paid $18 each for three that were about 4 months old but sold them for $120 for the 3 at about 10 months old.

Thanks, Jeff. That sounds reasonable. Heck, if there was a market for $100 turkeys, guess we should cash in on that, huh? I'm trying to remember what she sells poults for. She gets them from Ideal and I think she gets $15-20 each for those at a couple days old.

Back
Top Bottom