Blue Splash Dutch Bantam hen due to hatch on 3/24!!!

KirkKoop

In the Brooder
9 Years
Sep 6, 2010
My pair of Blue Splash Bantams are due :) This is their first clutch! I'm very excited. I candled today and eliminated 2 duds which leaves 4 good eggs with bouncing babies inside. 3 of the eggs are between the two splash's and and 1 egg is from a black Japanese bantam hen. I'm just excited to watch the incredible process of a hatch. This is only my 2nd hen to go broody.

Here is the hen "Cricket" happily brooding...

And proud Roo, "Stinky-Poo"...

Last edited:
Oh how lovely!! What a sweet girl Cricket and what a fine man Stinky-Poo is! I cannot wait for chicklett pictures!!

Oh, by the by! I am looking for some Dutch Bantams. Would you be willing to sell/swap me some eggs? Are they pure, or are they running with your flock? They're just as cute as they can be and I must have some!

~ Aspen

I only have the two splash bantams. They do run with the flock, which includes just one other Roo, a big RIR guy along with 4 standard hens and a black jap banty hen. So I guess you'd have a 50/50 shot with the eggs :) Although the little banty roo is very possessive of his only two petite ladies, so I'm thinking he is the father to most the banty eggs.

I'll send you some eggs if you want.

Baby # 1 has arrived! Ironically, this chick came from the one black Japanese bantam egg - the splash Roo was obviously the daddy with the dominant genes :) There are 2 eggs left that came from the splash hen (one is pipping and the other hasn't done anything yet - hoping it's still viable). Should be interesting to see the difference in the next one - can't wait!.

I would be interested in some eggs, but they would have to be pure. Do not have anymore room for mixed chickens (although these wouldn't take up much room! ) LOL

OMGOODNESS!! That little thing is soooo darling! Congrats to you and the momma chook!! I hope the other two eggs both hatch! Fingers and toes crossed!

~ Aspen

Back
Top Bottom