Blue Splash Marans Rooster and Blue Copper Marans Hen

Shadow722

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 28, 2013
Outlying Oklahoma City
I have a flock of Blue Splash and had a big turnout of roosters this year and I have been selling them. I sold one to a couple who had Blue Copper and Black Copper hens and they wanted a Blue Splash rooster. He really wanted one of my hens but I didn't want to sell any hens. So I agreed to trade hens a blue splash for a blue copper.

Now I'm wondering what do you get for offspring from the Blue Splash and Blue copper combination. Anyone know or have pictures?

I don't see any copper on that hen?

The rules for black/blue/splash are still going to apply. I think the copper is dominant, so all birds with a parent who shows copper will have copper----but I'm not 100% on that.

Basically, breeding your splash to a blue will give you 50/50 blue and splash.

She's not all blue, she does have some color mixed in the blue, but she won't let me get close and remain calm for me to take a picture, I just got her a day ago and she isn't used to me or her new flock. I couldn't catch her in the sunlight for a picture.

Copper color shouldn't be "mixed in" with the blue. It should be a collar pattern around her neck, of a very visible reddish color. I think she's just a poorer quality blue Marans.

Back
Top Bottom