Blue Swedish or Blue Runner?

the.whole.crew

Chirping
Jun 1, 2017
New Jersey
I have a duckling who from what i can tell is a drake (voice not fully developed yet). He seems to stand up straighter than my rouen, which when he was younger led me to believe he was a runner. Now that his feathers are coming in, he looks more like a swedish that just stands up pretty straight. Can someone help me be sure?

Photo attached.

By the way, this is my first day here, if anyone could guide me around and introduce me to some nice people.

Attachments

• DSCN1669.JPG
    DSCN1669.JPG
    585.3 KB · Views: 75
hello welcome to back yard chickens :)

from what i can tell he looks just like my two Swedish ducks (both are hens from my guess on voice)

so if i had to take an educated guess he would be a blue Swedish duck he is very nice looking (i just like Swedish ducks)

Welcome! Your duck looks like a Blue Swedish! If you want to find some nice people just look for people that have orange logo that says BYC friend under there username! You could also go to forums like The Duck thread or the Swedish thread to find some more people with ducks!

Thank you all so much! I chose a random pic that you could see him in, though I have better ones. I don't think I have pictures of only him, since he and Rogue are inseparable, quite literally. They're always touching!

Hi! Welcome to BYC...I say blue Swede as well... Here's a pic of my blue runner for comparison
IMG_20170526_153725985_HDR.jpg
no white chest and much more upright stance and a slender duck in general compared to non runners

Back
Top Bottom