BLUEBONNET CLASSIC - COLLEGE STATION TEXAS

The Welsh Harlequins were owned by a girl in Manor Texas, just east of Austin.

There use to be a show in Waco at the Heart Of Texas Center, but it is no more.

You might want to check out the Ft Worth Stock Show the 24th of January, it and the BBC are the closest that you will get to a show in Waco.

Bob

bob, doesn't the state fair in the dallas area have a show in october? i thought i heard dianna say there was a show.

we had a great time. got to meet alot of people from my area and people that i've talked to at the conroe sale were also out there showing.

looking forward to the la grange show on march 7th.

also, if anyone has jesse or jacki's phone number, please email me. i need to talk to them about the fancy feathers show in april.

thanks!

Howdy, I was able to stop in the BlueBonnet show for a short time, but my family got to also enjoy the variety in birds and we took some pictures too!

I did meet Michelle and took home some birds she had for sale, so Michelle if you are hee please know that the hens and roo aredoing great. My daughter named the rooster- "Stonewall Jackson" and he is a great personality to our place, he and his hens are confined to our smaller coop for a few more days but they got turned out in that coupes yard today and eem to enjoy them selves, the Blue Cochim hen seems to be doing well with the room to move around I don't see anyone picking on her, she looks comfortable with her small flock.

I would like to know if there are other mailing list to get on for upcoming chicken shows, like the one in LaGrange, I would very much be interested in attending if I had a reminder of when it was getting close and to get my birds ready I would try to show some too even though I know very little about it, I would jump into also.

Would yall like to see some of the photos I took?

Quote:
Yes I forget about it from time to time because we don't go, it's a hassle to show at. I showed there once in the early 80's and swore it off. If you live in the area it is not so bad. It would be a good show to visit, but it is usually the same weekend as the Texas/OU game. Good luck!

Quote:
I would love to see them! I wish I could have come, but it would have been too much driving for me. I live in the Waco area and then driving there and then driving back and then Sunday have to drive 4 hours to east Tx and back. Plus I dont have a car anymore, so the gas would have killed me in the truck. Even though its down to $1.37 here. I would love to try and make it next year. Or one later on in the year.

half of what I took did not come out, but here are a few feather friends anyway.

P1030028.jpg

P1030030.jpg

P1030032.jpg

P1030033.jpg

P1030035.jpg

P1030036.jpg

P1030039.jpg

P1030040.jpg

P1030041.jpg

P1030043.jpg

P1030044.jpg

Nice pictures everyone ! It was great to visit with the exhibitors and also the folks that just came to look and talk chicken! The folks always put on a great show in College Station. But to keep shows going all clubs need fresh new members that are willing to pitch in and set up and tear down cages (heavy work) but there are also lots of other tasks to be done as well. So volunteer to help out at the show closest to you.
See you at the next show. I am sure that as soon as we get further information on the La Grange show someone will share the information in time for folks to get an entry in. You can send a note also to:
Dan Hughes
PO Box 251
Garwood, Texas 77442

To get on a list to receive information.

On the pictures:
The Golden Campine and Barred Rock are Cathy Gleason's
Cornish- Don Houghton
Silver Sebrite- pretty sure that is James Cooper's
Blue Orphington- Dan Dykes
Millie Fluer is Gretchen Hughes
Both modern games are mine

Don't ask me how I know i just do......

nope, that blue orp is mine. LOL i can tell because his comb is scabbed up. my blue orp had gotten into a fight with a barred rock the week before and had messed up his comb. and i think dan brought a black orp cockeral that won best english.

Back
Top Bottom