BLUEBONNET CLASSIC - COLLEGE STATION TEXAS

Hello Everyone!!! I just happened to come across this site and very happy to know that there is this forum.. I am going to the Bluebonnet Show and looking to purchase some hens for our farm. Looking for some Large cochins, Silver laced Polish, Frizzles, anything exotic. They can be culls as I am only looking for pets and a few fresh eggs for the farm. Anybody bringing anything to sell??
I will pop in on Friday eve as I cant be at the show until later on Saturday.
Also if there is anyone in area that has anything for sale at the farm would be great as well. I am in between Brenham and Columbus TX.
Looking forward to meeting you...

Robert

Quote:
Robert
One of the draw backs to Poultry shows in Texas is that the TAHC (by way of the commercial poultry industry) has very strict rules on the sale and movement of Poultry in Texas. This makes the sale of birds at shows rather difficult. Having said that, there will be birds for sale at the Bluebonnet Classic, just not in the numbers you would see at our shows 6 years ago or at shows outside of Texas. The BBC is the only show that encourages people to get the TAHC license to sell birds. We will also have vendors selling poultry equipment. I will have some bantams there for sale in Modern and Old English game.

Your best bet would be find birds in the show and then find the owners to see if they have any for sale. Your biggest drawback is your timing. Most birds will not be at the show till Saturday morning, and will be gone rather quickly. I had a bunch of Marans there last year and they went fast.

Find me or Dan Dykes and we may be able to point some one out to you- Information central will be the raffle/ food area. Those women will know everything and not afraid to tell it.

Bob Choate

I was wondering who yall get to test your birds for pullorum and how could I contact them. I may be interested in showing in the future. Also is the testing free or is there a fee. Also what kind of registration do you have to have in order to sell birds at the show. Thanks

I was going to go to the Bluebonnet Classic, but it's a bit far for me to drive.
Hopefully there will be a show in/around Austin where I'll be able to meet some of y'all.

Enjoy!

Don

Quote:
The testing is free and they do it once a year. Dan Dykes would be your tester, he will be at the show. If you do not make it just email me and I will get you his phone number.

You have to go to the TAHC website to get the information to get a license.

Bob

Quote:
Your choices for this area are - New Braunsfel - La Grange and College Station. College Station is the biggest, the other two while good shows are just starting out.

Quote:
Your choices for this area are - New Braunsfel - La Grange and College Station. College Station is the biggest, the other two while good shows are just starting out.

Is this an annual show or is it put on more often?

I am looking foward in attending the poultry show.I have never been to a poultry show before. My top mission is to check out the Seramas and hopefully buy some with diffrent blood lines.I also have a question. What time do they actually open the doors to the public.I do not want to get there late! I live about 2.5hrs away in San Marcos.

Quote:
I asked the same thing in email and was told this:

"The show room will open at 7 am for exhibitors to coop in. You can come in
at that time and look around and talk to anyone that isn't trying to get
their birds ready for the show. "

Enjoy!

Don

Back
Top Bottom