1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bob Blosl's Heritage Large Fowl Thread

Discussion in 'Exhibition, Genetics, & Breeding to the Standard o' started by Robert Blosl, Sep 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OSUman

OSUman GO BUCKS

Apr 17, 2009
    Central Illinois
    I was reading the Exhibition Poultry Magazine and saw that the SPPA will be awarding a 1905 APA Standard of Perfection to the champion rare breed bird at the Crossroads show this fall.

2. pinkwindsong

pinkwindsong Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    Laurens SC
    I am very interested in adding more Barred Hollands to my flock.. I Adore my hen... I am in the upstate of sc. and I somehow lucked into getting her as a chick along with my barred rocks..

Any ideas of how to or where to get Barred Holland chicks.. either in fall or in the spring..

thanks for any help
    )O(

3. heritagehabitatfarms

heritagehabitatfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2009
    clinton ar
    Quote:Talk to the lady 2 posts above you( jenscott) she has them idk if she is selling any or not...

4. cubalaya

cubalaya Overrun With Chickens

Nov 19, 2008
    central virginia
    Quote:sandhill preservation has them.

5. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Thankyou for the help on research materials. I'm thinking I could easily do a six page paper on how American bred poultry has changed in the past hundred years.

6. OwensMom

OwensMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2009
    CO Western Slope
    silkieluver_07 Sounds like an interesting topic. When you are done, Let us know about your findings. I know that you cannot put the entire paper on this thread(more is the pity) but maybe a synopsis??

7. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Quote:I have to get a new camera. Then I will post some pictures. I have quite a few birds growing out..... Barred Rocks, New Hampshires, Delawares, and "Projects." I also just received a dozen chicks ..... white Jersey Giants that the owner bought from Frank Reese. I am excited to see how these turn out.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's pictures!

8. PartridgeRooster

PartridgeRooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2010
    Quote:No doubt that would be the introduction, lol. I thought I knew them all before finding this site. There are alot of breeds on here I've never heard of and aren't in any of my books.

9. HallFamilyFarm

HallFamilyFarm PA ETL#195

Jan 25, 2010
    Collins, Arkansas
    Quote:For Barred Hollands I would suggest joining the thread at https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=468111&p=1 for the Hollands Improvement Project. Jen is a regular on there. She has the largest privately owned flock of Barred Hollands. I have seen them and they look nice. She feels there is lots of room for improvement, but then don't we all feel that way about our birds.

10. OwensMom

OwensMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2009
    CO Western Slope
    I have a photo of my JG Rooster and another of my JG chicks. At 10 weeks old they are as large as my 2 yr old EEs(RIRx)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So this is my start on my Heritage flock

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by