Bob Blosl's Heritage Large Fowl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

yo Karen -
frow.gif
"...We finish our birds for two to three weeks on Fat-n-Finish pellets...." YHF

Last edited:
I SO wholeheartedly agree!

Bob, Walt, and so many others on this thread have been a personal inspiration to me, as well. Most definitely, the love of poultry is clear when they post. (in fact, Bob was/is instrumental in me keeping and continuing on with my silver penciled rocks. Frankly, without some of the contact we've had in that regard, I would likely have thrown in the towel years ago.)

While I don't often post here, I do lurk regularly and read almost all the posts with interest.
Love of the breed, or birds, is what keeps you schlepping out into the cold and the rain to check on birds, feeders, and waterers, when you are fairly certain that everything is OK."Fairly certain" is not good enough.....One more check before bed......

I had a wonderful friend for 50 years, who was a severe hemophiliac. His name was Larry T. Shaw, from Georgia. Some of you VERY old timers will remember him, as he showed Hazel Brickey's Cochins , and good Japs for years at the big Atlanta and Dixie Classic shows. This man was totally crippled from bleeding into his joints before the clotting factor was available.. He was an AKC Sight Hound judge, who was highly respected, and bred many top winning Whippets,Ggreyhounds, Iralian Greyhounds, etc, under the name of "Kirklea Kennels". No matter how bad he felt, his animals were always tended to . He swore to me that they kept him alive, as he could not stay in his bed when his animals needed attention. He died at 72 from a massive stroke, and I, along with a few of his friends, saw that his critters were placed as he wished.That's true love for animals. He did not leave a will ,but he did leave a letter saying how his animals were to be cared for.

I have hatched out all (I hope) that I need for this year and now need to make some room for them to grow out.....so, if anyone is looking for a truly rare, H breed of chicken, I am offering for sale 2 trios of my Columbian Plymouth Rocks (LF)

Here are a couple pix of some of my breeders from this season

PM me or email me at [email protected]

I am located in Cartersville, Ga and prefer pick up at my place

I have hatched out all (I hope) that I need for this year and now need to make some room for them to grow out.....so, if anyone is looking for a truly rare, H breed of chicken, I am offering for sale 2 trios of my Columbian Plymouth Rocks (LF)

You are tempting me Scott ! If I didn't have to deal with the "Chicken Police" in this town, I'd be on your doorstep in 5 hours.

thumbsup.gif

Got some coming via my brothers trip down for spring break in a week or so. Thanks to Mr. Ron Fogel I'll be getting 13 chicks and 2 young cockerels and a rooster. I'm pretty excited to be adding these to my menagerie. LOL

Scott you will be having grandchildren in La. now. Your getting them spread out for sure. I appreciate the efforts you have gone thru to share these with us all.

Jeff

Jeff

You are tempting me Scott ! If I didn't have to deal with the "Chicken Police" in this town, I'd be on your doorstep in 5 hours.
Thanks for the positive comments.....they are not "quite there" yet, but I seem to be making a little progress every year. Showing is not at the top of my list as my work schedule is so crazy it doesn't allow much time for proper conditioning....but I do want to have a GREAT flock of CPRs that are as close to standard as I can possibly make them

Jeff - gotta send some pix when you get yours.....would love to see how some of the "grandkids" of my flock are looking

Thanks

A lady who bought one of my custom made pens sent this to me. A third of my sales goes to a local Animal
Shelter. Yesterday I was at Pet Smart for one of there Adoption weekends. They found home for 5 dogs and three cats.

One lady lost her dog Thursday of old age. She got her a four year old female Shiatsu blond dog. I told the dog yesterday you are
the luck est dog in the world. I have two I am sure many of you do the same. We kind of do this for our old breeds of chickens
lots of new homes for these rare breeds are coming to light this year. Thanks for all your support. If you need to find a rare breed let me know
and I will try to locate it for you.

222652_334794579973664_62471008_n.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom