Bob Blosl's Heritage Large Fowl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bob,

I took this pic of my RIR right after we talked about this on the Bantams. I thought you would like it....

And one last pic I just got!

Chris

Last edited:
Thank you so much . I am interested in Mar ans, Amecannas, and Blue Alstoups, Please for give me if I have misspelled the names incorrectly . I am not even sure of the pronunciations. I am seeking foundation stock to base a line of show birds on. I have raised Shelties for the last 65 years with a lot of acceptance and now have stock all over the world literally. Especially are my dogs top winners in Norway and South American Countries. I have accidentally moved, to a county in Ga that Hates dogs and has caused me to get rid of my dogs after conning me out of a great amount of money!

This is a rural community and I moved next to a cattle farm who is now trying to sell his land as property for homes and has left cattle.

I just want to live out my life in Peace and was told I could have farm animals (What are shelties but farming dogs?) and that he is in business with the zoning commissioner. So I thought I would try Chickens. These breeds appealed to me very much . Can anyone help me find foundation stock which will be mostly pets? Thank you very much.
Ed

The box does not do the bird Justice for what they look like on the ground. Notice his width of back even all the way back to the tail. A good trait for this line of birds that seems to be true for over 20 or more years. Even the bantams you got from me has the same even width of back. Great color in the tail beatke green as can be.

Thanks for the extra pictures. Could have not done it better myself. bob

Last edited:
Thank you so much . I am interested in Mar ans, Amecannas, and Blue Alstoups, Please for give me if I have misspelled the names incorrectly . I am not even sure of the pronunciations. I am seeking foundation stock to base a line of show birds on. I have raised Shelties for the last 65 years with a lot of acceptance and now have stock all over the world literally. Especially are my dogs top winners in Norway and South American Countries. I have accidentally moved, to a county in Ga that Hates dogs and has caused me to get rid of my dogs after conning me out of a great amount of money!

This is a rural community and I moved next to a cattle farm who is now trying to sell his land as property for homes and has left cattle.

I just want to live out my life in Peace and was told I could have farm animals (What are shelties but farming dogs?) and that he is in business with the zoning commissioner. So I thought I would try Chickens. These breeds appealed to me very much . Can anyone help me find foundation stock which will be mostly pets? Thank you very much.
Ed
Hi Ed!
Good to see you here!
frow.gif
The breeds are spelled Marans (ma-RANS), Ameraucanas, and Blue Andalusians.
There are several Blue Andalusian breeders here on the list.
Best,
Karen

Last edited:
The box does not do the bird Justice for what they look like on the ground. Notice his width of back even all the way back to the tail. A good trait for this line of birds that seems to be true for over 20 or more years. Even the bantams you got from me has the same even width of back. Great color in the tail beatke green as can be.

Thanks for the extra pictures. Could have not done it better myself. bob

Yea Bob, we had a time just trying to get that shot. I think he was ready to go home!

Chris

Last edited:
I seem to remember that there were folks hoping to start with some Heritage Golden Laced Wyandottes. Here's a link to Rudy Troxel who's looking to sell some. He's also a good source for Partridge Wyandottes.....and, of course, Red Dorkings *hint hint*.

Best,
Joseph

Last edited:
I seem to remember that there were folks hoping to start with some Heritage Golden Laced Wyandottes. Here's a link to Rudy Troxel who's looking to sell some. He's also a good source for Partridge Wyandottes.....and, of course, Red Dorkings *hint hint*.

Best,
Joseph
That is funny that you just posted this. Rudy and I were emailing today about his Red Dorkings. I have some of Dick Horstman's birds and am going to pick up a couple dozen hatching eggs from Rudy next month since I only ended up with one hen and a whole bunch of cockerals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom