Bob Blosl's Heritage Large Fowl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a personnel message from some on who I have been trying to locate some old H large fowl
They got a four year old hen and two year old hen and a 18 moth male bird. They want o give them a general worming before breeding season this winter. What would you recommend they give these old bird to clean them out if they may have worms?
Look forward to your suggestions. bob
Safeguard 10% Goat wormer would be my choice. It works, and it is more gentle than Valbazan. 3/4 cc for the hen and 1cc for the C, repeated 3 times at 10 day intervals should do it.Safeguard has a wide margin of safety too , so even if these are small LF, they should be OK.

Mitch it will be alright you'll get used to it and they will too eventually. Its just a phase of a newbie going thru the Curmudgeon club hazing process is all. Don't let the the geezers and the overly empowered ones(some think they are anyways) on here get you. Its a public thread you can do or say what you will(right or wrong)(you'll be corrected for sure, We have the SOP police, the RIR posse, some judges-poultry and public, a preacher or two, they all will correct your English, sentence structures, rights and wrongs, behavior, manners, a lot of things on here. And its ok you will be very well taken care of and advised) all as long as it don't violate the BYC rules. Will it piss folks off? more than likely I been doing for 4 years now and some(a few) still like me. So what if your wrong or some think you are, they been wrong before too. More often times they are right more so than wrong but you know we can't all be perfect. I usually catch it, sometimes post it, sometimes not. I "ain't" seen nobody on here walking on water "yet"
wink.png
I think there are some of these show fowl that can come close to doing it though, the breeders and owners, nah not so much.

Read these few post starting around here I'm sure it'll brighten your morning and give some enlightenment on the situation too. They are proud Curmudgeons too, huh guys? LOL
roll.png
I have other choice words for them sometimes as I'm sure they do me too, but the sensors block them evertime it try to post it up on here LOL sticks and stones boys LOL
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/400344/heritage-large-fowl-thread/11470#post_10791094

Jeff

Its hard for new folks to be welcomed into a poultry breeders world it takes decades or more to get up the steps to get to the door to get your foot in. It takes much proof of worthiness, I'm still grovelling at the feet of the Masters LOL

Actually I never noticed you at all.

Insanity! I love it!
lau.gif

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.”
- Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
We all have to be just a little nuts to spend so much time, energy, and $ on chickens. At least we're rarely bored.......

" Life is a banquet, and most poor fools are starving to death."
- Auntie Mame

Insanity! I love it!
lau.gif
“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” - Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
We all have to be just a little nuts to spend so much time, energy, and $ on chickens. At least we're rarely bored....... " Life is a banquet, and most poor fools are starving to death." - Auntie Mame
LOL and then to cry like a baby when we have to off a favorite. :rolleyes: Like someone I consider a good friend said, "They're chickens! People make sandwiches out of them!" :lau

Thanks Vickie

Crosses scare me a bit, but at only 3/4 Columbian, her coloring wasn't bad and she is certainly carrying decent Rock type....by this time next year we'll see if she helps or not I suppose

You need to figure out a way to get closer to your chickens for pictures........lol.......I'm not sure how anyone can tell what they are out there in the field. It's hard to get a good photo of a chicken. You are doing a great job with these!

Walt

You need to figure out a way to get closer to your chickens for pictures........lol.......I'm not sure how anyone can tell what they are out there in the field. It's hard to get a good photo of a chicken. You are doing a great job with these!

Walt
Walt....thanks for the kind words....

Perhaps these pix are better Aoxa "fixed" them for me....I am a bit "photo editing challenge"

She is 3/4 Columbian, 1/4 Barred.....hoping she carries the type from the Barred Line she is from forward into my next generation

LL

LL

LL

LL

They want o give them a general worming before breeding season this winter. What would you recommend they give these old bird to clean them out if they may have worms?
The most effective way to eliminate internal parasites is to have a manure sample tested by a lab or a vet or anyone who knows what to look for with a microscope. Once you know what parasites you are dealing with, if any, you can do targeted worming with the appropriate wormer. That way, you aren't treating unnecessarily, underdosing or overdosing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom