Bob Blosl's Heritage Large Fowl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Very nice bird great feather quality That's about all I can tell as I am a red
guy. But I thought this picture above would good measuring stick. bob

Thank you for posting a picture of a nice old fashion Large Fowl hope we see more
in the future.

smile.png
good post what a comparison huh? I think these can go somewhere too.

Jeff

For clarification...
These pullets are in Nebraska at XW Poultry, many of us do have this cross but Jeremy took these photos at his place and said I could post them. I took the photos and watermarked them just in case the fine print gets lost along the way.
wink.png

All good. So glad everyone has enjoyed seeing the fruits of Jeremy's labor
smile.png

May I ask how you keep your birds water from freezing in the winter? I bought the stuff for auto waterers but I am worried about it freezing and my birds not having any water.
I have stock tank deicers I drop in each of my water buckets (I use chicken nipples).
Then those deicers are plugged into thermocubes for the winter.
LOVE my thermocubes... they are thermostatically controlled to only kick on when it's below a certain temp.
If I have a heat lamp (which I rarely do but once in a while if I have a tiny lamb I might), I keep the heat lamp on a thermocube also.

I have stock tank deicers I drop in each of my water buckets (I use chicken nipples).
LOVE my thermocubes... they are thermostatically controlled to only kick on when it's below a certain temp.
If I have a heat lamp (which I rarely do but once in a while if I have a tiny lamb I might), I keep the heat lamp on a thermocube also.
are your chicken nipples plugged into the bottom of the bucket or do you have a "Pipe set-up" which comes out of the bottom of the bucket using a bulkhead fitting?

I appreciate you sharing your tips with me. Thank you so much. This will be my first winter with poultry and I was not sure what to do about freezing water. It does not freeze much here but sometimes it will out of the blue. And I would rather be ready ahead of time.
big_smile.png

does any one know where we can locate some of these? A beginner

wants to convert from Hatchery style birds to the real kind. I have no clue? bob

Last edited:
I appreciate you sharing your tips with me. Thank you so much. This will be my first winter with poultry and I was not sure what to do about freezing water. It does not freeze much here but sometimes it will out of the blue. And I would rather be ready ahead of time.
big_smile.png

I just use rubber pans by Fortex. I water at least twice a day in winter (more often if it gets really cold) and if the water freezes, you can just pop the ice out of those. We use them all over the farm, for the horses feed, the goats, the LGD, chicken pens, everywhere. Love 'em.

I just use rubber pans by Fortex. I water at least twice a day in winter (more often if it gets really cold) and if the water freezes, you can just pop the ice out of those. We use them all over the farm, for the horses feed, the goats, the LGD, chicken pens, everywhere. Love 'em.

Thank you so much I will look at them I have been using some plastic tubs and the birds flip them and stand on them and they break! So I have been going thru alot of them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom