Bob Blosl's Heritage Large Fowl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My NH are now 13 wks. old. Lately they have been busy growing their legs and getting taller. I love watching them move, play, and run with those too long of legs and big feet. Every day, I make time to sit in their yard, and enjoy these beautiful Firebirds..

Lual

Walt Leonard-fowlman01-birds : )

Last edited:
Good heavens ! Why not just feed a little Silkie to do your hatching ? Stop, and do the Math. 2+ weeks to lay 15 eggs. Then 21 says to hatch them. Then another 4+ weeks to wean them.The hen may, or may not, molt then, and she might not lay for another 4-6 weeks. Then the cycle starts over. That gives you a grand total of about 45 eggs a year from that hen.

I do not think that this would have been condoned in any dual purpose birds in the good old days of yore !Those lazy layers made soup.

I agree and understand, I have purchased silkies (hatchery) and one had a single comb, I think they are trying to take out the "broody" trait.

Heaven will be good! Probably better than good.

My NH are now 13 wks. old. Lately they have been busy growing their legs and getting taller. I love watching them move, play, and run with those too long of legs and big feet. Every day, I make time to sit in their yard, and enjoy these beautiful Firebirds..

Lual

They look so good great looking dual purpose fowl.

Lual

They ARE firebirds Lual ! They are glowing with good health.

OOh Lual they are nice and sweet in about 2-3 more months they will be even more awesome when they fill out those lanky bodies. I have multiple breeds here and a bunch that are multi-breeds LOL and still yet out of all, the NH stand out head and shoulders above the rest(sorta like a sore thumb) too me that is. I like 'em

Jeff

Lual

Lual, they are radiant but I would not expect anything less from Walt's breeding your vast knowledge in avian nutrition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom