Bob Blosl's Heritage Large Fowl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are these the Catalana's from Bridget? They looked like they weighed more than 7 lbs when I saw some of hers, but I didn't handle them. Wide feathers make the look of the bird if they are appropriate to the breed.

Walt
Correction. 7lbs 14oz. 2oz off standard weight. He has filled out a bit more.

You know it is funny that you say that. Bridget, says that mine look larger. Mine are taller and longer, but hers has better fleshing. Funny what the eyes and pictures will do. She has better colored birds, mostly, but especially with the females. I really like the color/under color of one of the pullets she sent me.

I did not take it that way Joseph. I hope they will measure up to your Dorkings at some point, but they will take a bit for that. Regardless, I appreciate your thoughts. I posted the pictures for you to see them.
I appreciate the feather pictures to. I am not there yet. I will overwhelm myself trying to get it all at once. I spent the season beating them up, and now I am trying to identify strengths. My mind is already wandering to who is put with who. I will do single mating exclusively, and look for a few that excel at some point or another. I feel like I will be painting the bulls eye after the shooting.
Size, how they flesh out, and type is my biggest concerns now.
you stated how have been feeling. I have one BA with a nice back and another with a better chest. both traits are almost equal in value, what is a fellow to do?????

just a lurker popping in with a quick question. Could someone pass on the website with info about the Ohio show? Im hoping I could attend. Thanks Jenn

I am on my phone so it's hard to cut and paste links. Google "OH National Poultry Show" and the site should come right up. Get your entries in ASAP! I believe they must be postmarked by the 16th.

Correction. 7lbs 14oz. 2oz off standard weight. He has filled out a bit more.

You know it is funny that you say that. Bridget, says that mine look larger. Mine are taller and longer, but hers has better fleshing. Funny what the eyes and pictures will do. She has better colored birds, mostly, but especially with the females. I really like the color/under color of one of the pullets she sent me.
George, When can I come look ? They are probably better than you think.
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom