Bob Blosl's Heritage Large Fowl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
and it took three years before what I watched and learned started coming to my brain.
Bob stated where I think I currently am.

I need to wait and try and understand all that I have come across since:
1. ordered several breeds from a hatchery
2. found BYC and learned that there is a difference in quality
3. Ordered from Mr. Urch
4. saw for my self the difference in Mr. Urch's Australorps and hatchery Australorps
5. Ordered Poultry press
6. Ordered 2010 SOP
7. purchased an incubator
8. purchased the best Buff Brahma large fowl I could find
now I need to pause and wait to see if my eyes and brain can apply what I have read.

Wow! I haven't been here for a while and what a post that was!!!
Yes, mentors and mentoring the youth. Keep poultry knowledge alive and flowing to the next generation.

QUESTION:
I was on a website that mentioned "Standard Bred Heritage Bird™" Yes, it a "trademark"??? Am I breaking the law quoting it?

What are everyone's thoughts on this label?

Wow! I haven't been here for a while and what a post that was!!!
Yes, mentors and mentoring the youth. Keep poultry knowledge alive and flowing to the next generation.

QUESTION:
I was on a website that mentioned "Standard Bred Heritage Bird™" Yes, it a "trademark"??? Am I breaking the law quoting it?

What are everyone's thoughts on this label?

It sets off small warning flags, mostly for the TM and the use of "Heritage". I get suspicious when people feel the need to fluff up their birds with a story or marketing catch words like that. It's not a big enough flag that I'd run for the hills, but it would certainly put me on alert.

Last edited:
Yellow House Farm:
Please move that superb 18 part post you put on heritage farm poultry over here.
It is awesome! 13 ovations and worth every one!

Perhaps, but I think it killed the thread ;-)
No. You just gave everyone so much to think about. They are still digesting it. I love it when that happens.
Chat will come back once they decide what they want to discuss. Most probably it will be extensions of your post.
Best,
Karen

Last edited:
I found and read the post by Yellow House Farm and found the information very important for me to apply, my buckeyes, wyandottes, silkies and eventually the australorps go to the freezer if I can raise enough Buff Brahmas from the three I have now. Financially, physically and mentally I can't handle more than one breed. I will see what happens early next year as my brahma trio comes of age.

Quote: Fantastic wasn't it? I loved the way YHF incorporated the development of the various breeds into the evolution of the whole poultry industry. Also the way he defined the split between old time farm raisers and the modern hybrid poultry industry. I am in the "less than 50" category. I wish I had more time and funds, but no. So I have one variety of one breed in good condition.
Best,
Karen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom