Bob Blosl's Heritage Large Fowl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like pocket pets.. More the merrier.... so fun... the tinier the better.

Quote:
how can those of us that can only obtain eggs, and the eggs being not known if their sisters and brothers, go about breeding?

You work with what you have. Make a lot of babies and cull heavily. Do a lot of reading on this site and find out how to do it.

Walt

find out how to do what...? go against the very thing the "pros" say not to do....breed sister and brothers...?

Thank you #2 for your reply...

Info on John Tunstall:

Just recieved word on facebook. John Tunstall will be in attendance at the 2010 APA District Meet in Fayetteville, Arkansas. Info for show at http://www.hotopa.com It is not known if he still has Javas or any birds. Everyone should try to at least attend this show. We will not be able to attend
hit.gif
but hope everyone has fun.

Quote:
I had to buy just one Jumbo carton...went to WalMart and paid $1.52. At least we can cook with the eggs. Really did not have a choice. Sold some Buckeye eggs on ebay. Am going to check out your method and see if I can ship these that way. Can you place another link to the mailing site? Your last link is hidden among 90 pages of info. Thanks.

Quote:
Er.. the picture doesn't work on my computer, grrrrrr....

I liked the article itself... the pictures... meh, I've definetly seen stock 100x better just here in BYC alone! (Hopefully I'll be able to get some BPR stock soon myself! WOOHOO!!)

Quote:
Er.. the picture doesn't work on my computer, grrrrrr....

I liked the article itself... the pictures... meh, I've definetly seen stock 100x better just here in BYC alone! (Hopefully I'll be able to get some BPR stock soon myself! WOOHOO!!)

Snowhunter

I'm on the west side of the state , BUT, my parents live up in Cleveland (Sautee-Nacoohee really). Perhaps I can get you so BR hatching eggs from my flock next Spring

Yard full o' rocks :

Quote:
Snowhunter

I'm on the west side of the state , BUT, my parents live up in Cleveland (Sautee-Nacoohee really). Perhaps I can get you so BR hatching eggs from my flock next Spring

Oh! I've been
droolin.gif
over your stock for a while now
big_smile.png
Yer definitely not that far, neither is Cleveland (beautiful up there!) We'll definitely have to get together in the Spring about that
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I had to buy just one Jumbo carton...went to WalMart and paid $1.52. At least we can cook with the eggs. Really did not have a choice. Sold some Buckeye eggs on ebay. Am going to check out your method and see if I can ship these that way. Can you place another link to the mailing site? Your last link is hidden among 90 pages of info. Thanks.

In the future, you can check at local high schools and SPEAK to the home economics teaher. When they get to cooking, they have lots of egg cartons. Be aware that the is a dying class in this era of BUGET CUTS. So not all high schools have home ec classes.

Also,

Quote:
thank you, thank you, thank you. so i can bring my birds and talk with him?! i'm right outside fayetteville! i must be becoming a huge chicken geek. cause now i am having heart palpitations, the good kind. feel like my adopted kids are about to meet their bio dad! thanks so much jim. obviously the info i received on him passing on was greatly exaggerated or premature, or both!
lol.png

Quote:
You work with what you have. Make a lot of babies and cull heavily. Do a lot of reading on this site and find out how to do it.

Walt

find out how to do what...? go against the very thing the "pros" say not to do....breed sister and brothers...?

Thank you #2 for your reply...

Yes, go against what the "pros" say. You have no other choice and the reality is that when 90% of the people buy chicks or grown birds they are getting brother and sister or some other mating that is far from ideal. Most people are not getting birds that are set up to breed correctly. It has worked for me and some people consider me a pro. There were brief directions posted not to too far back in this thread on how to deal with brother and sister matings.

Walt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom