BOB PLAMONDON - LOVE HIM or HATE HIM

Pat, this is what I typed: "I'm a firm believer that you can learn something from everyone you come across folks that feel everyone they come across can learn something from them don't do it for me at all and that's the impression I'm getting second hand here. I will check him out though. Keystonepaul

This is what you copied:
I'm a firm believer that you can learn something from everyone you come across folks that feel everyone they come across can learn something from them don't do it for me at all and that's the impression I'm getting second hand here. Keystonepaul

you left out: I will check him out thoughthen hammered me below as such:

I think it is a massive mistake to base your impression of someone on stray, mostly flippant, very brief comments made by a coupla people on the internet. I think that on reading some of Plamondon's writings, either his essays on his website or his books, you will find him unusually OPENminded and WILLING/ABLE to learn from those he comes across.

As you can see my last sentence (which was in my post all along) says that i will indeed check him out- making my own opinion of course. Of course I have an OPENmind and am WILLING/ABLE to believe you didn't leave the last sentence out purposefully to make your point. You weren't in on the man beating his dog thread were you??
big_smile.png
open minded Keystonepaul.

Quote:
big_smile.png
Ok Davaroo, enlighten me...who is he? (ps love your posts)..should I know who he is and does he like Marmite!

Bob is one of those guys who heard all the idealistic "living off the land" tales, and then tried to do it.
Thats when he found out many truths not often told by the advocates of alternative living.
Fortunately for us, Bob is a great chronicler and made both his successes and failures available for all of us to see and learn from... all in a very no-nonsense way.

He has writen several pertinent books and has revived some excellent old out of print ones, too. He also comments on many things that are relevent to us, from the fallacies of ethanol to the economic politics of climate change.

If you like 'pie in the sky' stuff, dont bother going further. If you want to see how one man did it, come hell or high water - and how he continues to get on - go here:

www.plamondon.com

PS Does he like MARMITE? I'd say probably not, just by the odds. Im sure he could appreciate it, though.

Last edited:
Hi Dave,
have just been on Bob's website - Thank you - have also posted a comment there as well. it looks to me anyway that I will find him fascinating, but it's early days yet.

Quote:
Oh fer cryin' out loud.

I left the last sentence out intentionally b/c it was irrelevant to the point I was making, which was that you said "that's the impression I'm getting" so I was offering the opinion that it was maybe not so great to be basing ANY "impression" whatsoever on the dribs and drabs of this thread.

It's an opinion, dude. You don't have to agree.

Of course I have an OPENmind and am WILLING/ABLE to believe you didn't leave the last sentence out purposefully to make your point. You weren't in on the man beating his dog thread were you??
big_smile.png
open minded Keystonepaul.

Dear Mr Openminded But Happy To Exercise Typing Fingers To Show How Wonderful And Admirable You Are,

No, I have no idea what thread you are talking about.

Pat​

Back
Top Bottom