BOB ROSS!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Royicus, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Royicus

Royicus Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2007
    Western Oregon
    Ok, I have to ask...

Who here has watched Bob Ross paint his happy little trees? I watched this all the time when I was younger. It was so peaceful...

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

My DH did all the time-he was an art major. We always liked to watch that show. The man died way too young.

3. Wooden_Pony

Wooden_Pony Chillin' With My Peeps

I LOVED him and his "Happy Trees" to bad he died it was fun to watch and his voice was so soothing!

4. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    He painted like there was nothing to it. For the life of me I could never get those happy lil trees right.

5. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

I'm out of the loop...when'd he bite the dust?

6. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

DH and I LOVED Bob Ross. Every once in a while, we will catch a rerun....doesnt matter, I can watch him ALL day long. I love seeing his "furry friends" and how soft and soothing his voice was. Oh, and when he said...." everyone needs a friend" and would paint another tree. He is greatly missed...by many I am sure.

7. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    I used to watch him quite a bit, always loved how he made it look so simple.

8. jenichick

jenichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2007
    NC
    This is weird, I was just talking about him tonight and we were jokin about the happy little trees, and happy little clouds. I've painted his style before but coul never get the "look". Too bad he's gone.

9. nccatnip

nccatnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2007
    Piedmont area NC
    Oh, I loved that guy. I even bought one of his kits and tired it. Not even close.... so much talent.

10. schmoo

schmoo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2007
    West MI.
    He was awesome. He could totally put me in a trance watching him paint. I was always amazed at how quickly he could make a great painting. It was just like WOW.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by