BOB ROSS!!!

Bob Ross passed away several years ago now.

I have absolutely NO artistic talent like that, but he made me think even I could paint - not that I ever tried...

If I'm flipping chanels and see his show on, I have to stop and watch for a little while. He's mesmirizing!

Susan

I got some of his dvd's and try my hand at it. Each time I do it I get better and pick up more of what he means. He was like listening to a counselor, ...his voice. I believe his son is carrying on the artwork?

I loved watching his art show with my Mama. We were the only two in my family who liked watching him paint. Now, when I go 'Window' shopping, and look at paintings, or over someone else's house and look at their paintings, I think of him sometimes, comparing those paintings to his. Did anyone ever watch the other guy, the one with a heavy European accent? I liked to watch him,too. What about the lady who could paint flowers and greenery so easy/ beginner like? I liked the way she showed you in one stroke, simple.

I enjoyed watching him, but I saw a documentary on him on PBS, and they said he didn't show all the stuff that you really have to do to get the results that he made look so simple on TV.

There was a lot that wasn't shown, so it was rather deceptive as to how easy it was.

Jean

as a novice painter, I can tell you that what wasn't shown was told to you by Bob Ross. I cannot do it in 30 min. but then that is because I just started. But it really is that easy once you learn the techniques. I don't have to have mine done in 30 min. but enjoy learning that style as opposed to doing one tiny stroke at a time. I took three art "classes" and didn't have the patience to spend weeks on each painting.
big_smile.png
It is relaxing and so much fun to try his way. That lady painter and the one with the deep accent were a joy to watch, too. I have to paint when I am in the mood and since I became addicted to chickens I haven't taken the time to paint but feel the "mood" stirring.
lol.png
lol.png

I once took a Bob Ross class down at my local art shop. I was AMAZED at how my paintings turned out!! There really are specific techniques that aren't that hard to learn. I have no talent at all, and it's not like my paintings were great, but they looked almost exactly like they were supposed to.

Especially the mountains! They were eerily mountainlike.

But my favorite part was after the class was done, when I went off on my own. It was really fun and relaxing to sit in my room and work on landscapes.

Geez... I haven't thought about that in years! I wonder why I quit??

Pattycake...take it up again, you will be amazed at how much you will remember. I absolutely love doing mountains! They are done before you can bat an eye.
big_smile.png

Yes, I love watching him paint! I had no idea he was gone! My b/f and I joke that he was a green beret in Vietnam or something and had to do something for PTSD and he took up painting. Of course we know absolutely nothing about his life. We just joke because when you come accross him on the TV you can't help but stop and watch the entire thing because 1)he's very good 2) his soft voice & 3) those funny little "happy trees and bushes!"

Back
Top Bottom