bob whites are due today questions *picture!!*

Baby quail need higher protein, a game bird (24% protein) or turkey starter(28% protein) is best. I feed mine a flock raiser, which is 20% protein. They seem to do okay on this. You can feed them some cooked egg yolks or crushed-up cat food to up their protein. I wouldn't recommend corn unless you make sure they have enough grit. I never feed mine corn, they are on flock raiser till they go outside, then they are on a gamebird layer.

i feed my quail chicks purina gamebid starter 30% protein. then once they go outside into laying/grow pens they get rual king meat bird crumbles21% protein. we have a new bucheight store opened monday so when i run out of feed i will be trying there feed out to see how it does....

*i have two pips!!! i have to go to work and im gonna miss out on seeing these babies hatch, thats ok i have to work 5 hours today, hopefully they will make it out and do okay.*

will they need sugar water when they are ready to start drinking?

fl.gif
wish me luck!
fl.gif

you guys are awesome, i recruited a friend to BYC, and she loves it as well, she thinks its great how nice everyone is and helpful. thanks for being so helpful, and nice!

My bobwhites pipped yesterday as well, and haven't done anything else since. Just give them some time, as long as your humidity and temps are all right they should hatch on their own.

Back
Top Bottom