Bobcat attack

Here is the pic from after the warm bath. There are 3 blobs in this pic. The one on the bottom was feces..i cut that off. The one on the top is the injured vent. The one in the middle is flesh. I am not sure what it is so I dodnt cut it off. When I dried her...a.spot between the top and middle blobs started bleeding a bit. I sprayed vetericyn and some Bernadine. Her appetite was better this am.

Its definitely the vent. Looks like it's been turned inside out. I just posted a new pic. Thank you!!!
I'm so very sorry, I don't normally say this, but with that kind of damage, if she were mine, I would put her out of her misery.

If feces is leaking, it's going to be very hard to keep that from getting infected even with antibiotics.
Of course it's all up to you, if you want to try, we will help you the best we can.
For antibiotics you can find Procaine Penicillin G at the feed store in the refrigerated section. Get a pack of the smallest syringes they carry along with some 20 gauge needles. Dosage is 1/2ml per day injected into the breast muscle for up to 7 days. Alternate side so she doesn't get so sore.

If you get Tylan50, it can be used for wounds if need be. I would give her the max dosage of .40ml per pound of weight given orally at least 2 times a day for 5 days.

Do what you can to keep the wound clean. The prolapsed tissue is very concerning, that needs to be kept moist. You can use the Vetericyn or triple antibiotic ointment for that. Hopefully the swelling will go down so you can see where they needs to go back in. (?)

Keeping her hydrated is most important.

I'm so very sorry, I don't normally say this, but with that kind of damage, if she were mine, I would put her out of her misery.

If feces is leaking, it's going to be very hard to keep that from getting infected even with antibiotics.
Of course it's all up to you, if you want to try, we will help you the best we can.
For antibiotics you can find Procaine Penicillin G at the feed store in the refrigerated section. Get a pack of the smallest syringes they carry along with some 20 gauge needles. Dosage is 1/2ml per day injected into the breast muscle for up to 7 days. Alternate side so she doesn't get so sore.

If you get Tylan50, it can be used for wounds if need be. I would give her the max dosage of .40ml per pound of weight given orally at least 2 times a day for 5 days.

Do what you can to keep the wound clean. The prolapsed tissue is very concerning, that needs to be kept moist. You can use the Vetericyn or triple antibiotic ointment for that. Hopefully the swelling will go down so you can see where they needs to go back in. (?)

Keeping her hydrated is most important.
Honest truth here...I work a lot. Most days I'm gone 12-13 hours. Its back to work tomorrow. Ive been with her 3 days now...checking every hour or 2 on her. Warm baths 2xday, spraying everytime I can think of...syringing electrolytes and vitamins....she seems ok and she's trying really hard. :hit:hit:hit:hit Thanksgiving is here next week. We are going out of town....
Maybe I am prolonging it. I don't wanna put her down. I am trying to justify I guess. I really got to pray over this..I think I know what's best for both of us but I need some peace about it.
Thanks to everyone who gave advice.

:hit:hitShe has gone on over the rainbow bridge. It was for the best. I miss her tremendous. Ive got to cry and mourn now. Thank you all. You are an amazing group. We will be forever grateful:hit:hit

:hit:hitShe has gone on over the rainbow bridge. It was for the best. I miss her tremendous. Ive got to cry and mourn now. Thank you all. You are an amazing group. We will be forever grateful:hit:hit

I'm so sorry! it sounds like you did the right thing, with your work and being gone she would of only suffered. :hugs

:hugs

So sorry for your loss. As much as it hurts, I think you did the right thing for her.
Thanks, I feel the same way. I'm bawling my eyes out though. She was so special. But I couldn't let her suffer. And I know I would have done the best I could, but was it in her best interest? I don't think so. Lots of tears...

Back
Top Bottom