Bobcat got a hold of my hen.

Keeping her away from the flock is a good idea. Do your best with her and post an update later if you can. Sometimes chickens can amaze us.

I still don't know what attacked my girl but she lived and made a full recovery.

View attachment 2272189
UPDATE ON MY GIRL: My black maran recently got a wound similar to the picture AND seems to only have about half of her tail, and the quite a few feathers on her back between her wings are gone. For a few days after she was hurt, she couldn't move very well and would sit back on her 'butt'! Kindof funny looking! BUT she is much better, she is walking and only tips over a few times and will make it. Just have to watch the picking that the other chickens do. I hope I didn't let her outside in the fresh air/pen too soon. I don't have her bandaged or covered. I was letting the wound get some fresh air, too. We are having a short cool spell in MO. Also, I wish people wouldn't post false reviews of a product. I bought some Blukote and now I don't even want to use it. I thought it covered or 'sealed' the wound and would help keep flies off. Amazon.com---what can I say!

UPDATE ON MY GIRL: My black maran recently got a wound similar to the picture AND seems to only have about half of her tail, and the quite a few feathers on her back between her wings are gone. For a few days after she was hurt, she couldn't move very well and would sit back on her 'butt'! Kindof funny looking! BUT she is much better, she is walking and only tips over a few times and will make it. Just have to watch the picking that the other chickens do. I hope I didn't let her outside in the fresh air/pen too soon. I don't have her bandaged or covered. I was letting the wound get some fresh air, too. We are having a short cool spell in MO. Also, I wish people wouldn't post false reviews of a product. I bought some Blukote and now I don't even want to use it. I thought it covered or 'sealed' the wound and would help keep flies off. Amazon.com---what can I say!
Glad to hear that your girl is going to make it! Any idea what predator got her?
As for Blukote- I don't use it either. I'm sure it has its uses but I think if a chicken ran around eith a big blue/purple mark, the other chickens might target the affected area.

Back
Top Bottom