Bobwhite male breeding with Blue Scale Female (Blob Quail)

I've had them cross before but never got them to survive past a week or so, most pipped, then died. Those that hatched were weak and didn't survive much past a week....but at the same time, I have seen pictures of mature crosses, so it is possible for some individuals to reach maturity. Whether they are sterile or not I do not know!

From all the literature I’ve read, the offsprings of bob and blue won’t be able to breed or if they successfully fertile the eggs, the chick would end up dying. I’m not sure if they were breeding blob/blob or line breed the blob back to a bob or a blue. Try and let us know.

I found this while looking for hen/roo ratios for coves. Do you have any updated info & pics for your beautiful Blobs? I am planning to get back into quail and have a small number of both Blue Scale & Bobwhites. I will be keeping the breeds separate...but now I am wondering about crossing a few and see what happens. Good luck on your project!

I found this while looking for hen/roo ratios for cov Do you have any updated info & pics for your beautiful Blobs? I am planning to get back into quail and have a small bumber of both Blue Scale & Bobwhites. I will be keeping the breeds separate...but now I am wondering about crossing a few and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom