Bobwhite quail egg help

Yes.
My quail usually don't start hatching until after they have been externally pipped for 24 hours.

What is your humidity level at right now and did you salt test your humidity gauge to make sure it is reading correctly?
My humidity is around 70 percent. And no I did not salt test.

My humidity is around 70 percent. And no I did not salt test.
Salt test it before you set eggs again to make sure it's close to being accurate.

Too high humidity can cause just as many problems as too low.

I usually keep my eggs at about 30% through out and don't raise it until I see an external pip and then I don't raise it more than 50%.

Have you candled one recently?

Salt test it before you set eggs again to make sure it's close to being accurate.

Too high humidity can cause just as many problems as too low.

I usually keep my eggs at about 30% through out and don't raise it until I see an external pip and then I don't raise it more than 50%.

Have you candled one recently?
Yes, I candled them right before lockdown but haven't since then since several have pipped.

Okay, so I candled one and it was still moving and just an hour later it has another crack but very small. I had no idea quails were such slow hatchers...
I've never hatched Bob whites.
Coturnix usually internally pip then about 24 hours later externally pip...then hatch the within the next 24 hours.
They usually zip fast once they start.

Back
Top Bottom