Bobwhite

As long as they have a dry, draft free enclosure they should be ok. Wet, muddy, cold conditions will kill birds in a hurry. Also, feeding some grains before they go to roost, will help keep their core temperature up during a fridged night.

As long as they have a dry, draft free enclosure they should be ok. Wet, muddy, cold conditions will kill birds in a hurry. Also, feeding some grains before they go to roost, will help keep their core temperature up during a fridged night.
Thank you. We are in Wisconsin so the cold January-March is worrisome. I was thinking about getting a heating pad made for Chickens for them.

Thank you. We are in Wisconsin so the cold January-March is worrisome. I was thinking about getting a heating pad made for Chickens for them.
I would not do that....it could actually do more harm than good. If your birds are in an outside enclosure, they should adjust to the climate, ie; put on extra down or not as much for warmer weather. As long as they are dry, and draft free, they should be able to handle temps down to -20°F.

Back
Top Bottom