Boiled eggs don't peel easy

MrRushed

Songster
9 Years
Mar 6, 2010
Dudley
My girls just started laying a week ago.
I boiled some of the small eggs they layed and the shell stuck to the whites, making a mess when peeling.
I even boiled some store bought eggs with some of my fresh eggs and the store bought ones peeled just fine.
What's up with that?
Anybody have the same problem?

Piece of cake - after boiling the eggs (I put 2 TBL of salt in the water), let them sit in a bowl of ice water for at least 10 minutes. After cracking the shell all around (I actually roll it on the countertop), start at one end and gently start peeling off the shell. It should slip right off, typically in one piece.
old.gif

Gotta love those fresh-from-the-hen eggs! YUM

I'll look for the link .. this topic has been discussed many times and we have found a fool proof way to peel everytime,..

Boil water first with a generous amount of salt in water, use a slotted spoon to lower each egg into the boiling water, wait for boil to return , boil eggs for exactly 14 minutes, then take straight out and cool (either in ice water or just run under cold water ) , peel when they are still warm and you will get perfect eggs...

Quote:
There a thread somewhere on here, can't remember where though. But it basicly say's bring water to a good rolling boil, gently slide in room temp egg's, let it return to a hard boil, boil 16 minutes, drain under cold water and let eggs sit in some ice water for about 10 min. they peel very nicely now just like old stale store bought eggs. I tried it as have many others have and it works great, so there you have it.

AL

You can also add a small dash of vinegar to the water. I guesstimate about 1 TBSP to a pot of water. It does not change the flavor, and you do not have to worry about egg temp or cold water after the fact, though I usually do wash them in chilled water as my kids stand begging for boiled eggs.
smile.png

If you are dealing with marans... good luck!!! I haven't ever using any method been able to make them peel better.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom